CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Oluwadarasimi's POV  (Very long chapter, sorry, not sorry.)

I tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. I kept tossing and tossing, just thinking of today's possible outcomes. Did I make the right call by accepting this outing? Of course, I did, and I don't regret it. I'm just so nervous and excited, mainly because I have never had a real outing, and now Grace gets to experience it.

I was helping Grace wear her gown while Praise was eating my ears out with her rants about the possible outcomes of what could happen today.

"Are you sure he didn't say it was a date, and you said he asked you about all the places you have never been to? Then why are you wearing these simple clothes now?" I sighed for the fourth time. Yes, she had been nagging about the simple blue jeans and white crop top I was wearing and I was already tired of it

"For the last time, Praise, it's not a date, just a friendly outing, and I am comfortable in what I am wearing. Thank you very much," I said, exasperated. Finally putting on Grace's shoes, I wear my black sneakers and check the time to see that it's already a few minutes to nine a.m. Before I could grab my bag and put in the essentials, I heard a knock on the door.

"Yemi, you're early," I said with surprise as I held on to the door. A little minx passed by me before he could respond.

"Uncle Yemi, good morning," Grace said in an overly excited voice. I had told her he was taking us out today, and she has been asking me various questions and ranting like Praise.

"Hey baby, good morning. How are you today?" He asked as he swooped her up in his arms, making me smile fondly. Grace had taken a liking to him ever since he bought her Shawarma from the hospital.

"Hi," his soft voice made me look at him to see that he was looking at me with a beautiful smile as his voice had the accent I had come to adore.

"Good morning, how are you?" I was still holding the door until I snapped out of it and prompted him to enter. He was immediately swamped with questions from praise, which made me roll my eyes

"Praise, I assure you, they will be perfectly taken care of," he said to ease her worries, even though I knew she wasn't the least bit worried.

"Let's go, Yemi," I said, successfully interrupting them. Yemi nodded and stepped out, still carrying Grace in his arms. I stepped out after pushing Praise's face inside

"To answer your question, I am fine, and you look beautiful." I smiled at his words. He just had the natural knack for making me smile.

"And you are not still tired?" I was a bit worried about him, just a bit.

"You're forgetting I work thirteen hours every day, so I'm used to it. Don't worry, I am fully pumped up for our outing today." His wink caught me off guard. I blinked three times before I could get myself back. He opened the door for me to get in after safely strapping Grace to the back seat, where she was still eating our ears out.

"Where are we going?" I asked excitedly while strapping on my seatbelt.

"You seem excited? And for your question, it's a surprise, but it's going to be a while before we get there." I nodded as we took off.

We made small talk and jokes while driving, and I could honestly say that his singing voice is amazing. We sang a few songs while Grace kept singing at the top of her voice, making me laugh and be awed at their interaction.

We finally drove into a space that housed a big mall in the shape of a box after an hour and thirty minutes on the road. We parked in the garage, and I got out before he could open the door for me. Laughing at his pouting face for my actions, he proceeded to open the door for Grace with a very good imitation of a British butler.