CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Hello my wonderful readers of the novel galaxy and beyond. I wanted to write a whole chapter of ranting but thought against it.

Anyways, I just wanted you guys to know, I'm grateful to everyone who reads this book, and I also wanted to tell you guys to please share, the book. It's disappointing when the reader's outcomes are low. Please, please, share this book with your friends, loved ones, lovers, and well, anyone you want to, (pouts).

OKAY, BACK TO THE BOOK!

His mum?

I took in the elderly woman in front of me. She was stunning in her purple-designed Ankara skirt and blouse that complimented her fair skin. Her jewelry was simple diamond stud earrings and a matching necklace that brought out her facial features and made her low-cut styled hair look outstanding. She didn't wear heavy makeup but had bright red lipstick on. Overall, she was beautiful.

"Stand up my dear, why won't we come for your branch opening? You keep making us proud" she said to the prostrating Adeyemi who soon stood up when the mum looked at me with curiosity making me do the first thing that came to my mind.

"Good evening, ma," I said, going on my knees in greeting.

She looked down at me and then at Yemi before putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Good evening my dear, stand up" I gulped at her warm yet firm voice.

Luckily, Yemi quickly came to my rescue as to the way his mum was looking at me.

"Mum, this is my friend, Oluwadarasimi." He introduced making Mrs. Coker finally give a warm smile.

"So, Omo Yoruba ni e? Ba wo ni? Shey school ni e jo pade?" (So, you're a Yoruba lady? How are you? Did you both meet in school?)

His mother asked the both of us as she spoke Yoruba so fluently.

"Beeni ma" (Yes ma)

I just said yes to both questions because how was I to explain that I was Hausa by birth? She seemed to want to ask me more questions but let it go with a smile and a nod.

"Mum, where is dad?" I sighed in relief when Yemi bailed me out. The woman looked at him and sighed.

"He was talking to Mr. Garuba, I left him alone when I saw you." She said looking around for whom I assumed was her husband.

"Okay then, let's go sit down"

Yemi led us to a table that seemed to have all our names written in italics form on a card. I sat down at my name card making me think Adeyemi must have told them to put mine next to his for which I was grateful.

We all made small talk and when Mr. Coker showed up, I greeted him on my knees as well. they served the appetizers which I did not hesitate to eat rather gracefully.

"Let's welcome our CEO, the brain behind all this Mr. Adeyemi Coker to give his welcome speech," The emcee said and everyone started clapping and screaming.

Adeyemi looked at me with a smile and stood up to walk to the middle of the room.

"Dara, how are his studies? What level are you?" My head snapped to Mrs. Coker who was staring at me. I stopped clapping.

"Studies have not been easy but it's going well by God's grace and I'm in my final year ma" I answered with a smile to which she nods before looking at Yemi and back at me.

"What course are you studying?" she was either curious to know or she was just looking for angles to come at me but I still opted to answer her.

"I'm studying Law ma," I answered while her husband looked at me with interest.