CHAPTER FIVE

Roses are red, Violets are blue.

My mind has become a maze, just thinking of you.

©Oluwatoyosi

Darasimi's POV

I was exhausted.

This was just the third week and I was already so bombarded with work and projects. I'm currently in my room after a full day, it was past 6pm and Praise, Anjola and Adeola were all here as well. I had returned from the shop at 5:56pm, to see that Grace had cooked, at least that's what Praise told me, and to say I was so happy when I saw food on the table would be an understatement, let me just say one thing; Food is my first love.

"I'm tired" I finally groan out stretching my hands till it hit Adeola in the face making her hit me back. Thank God it's Friday. I turn my body to see that everyone was on their phones, even Grace was watching a movie with my phone that I hadn't realized was gone.

"How won't you be tired? You have been going from school to your supervisor's office, to your shop. Can't you just take a day off to relax?" Adeola says.

"I've always told her this but she won't listen." Praise butts in but I just stick out my tongue in response. I am already used to the stress, I just get tired once in a while, and that's all. They are just overreacting.

"What is the big deal if you take a break, it's not like your parents don't send you money" Adeola's words suddenly made me go sour. Thank God, Grace had an earpiece in her ear. No, they didn't know anything about my parents and I except Praise and it was just a little bit, what I wanted them to know. Grace never asked me about my parents mostly because she grew up around the pastor and his family, so she had immediately started calling them grandma and grandpa. They never complained, instead they loved it as much as they loved her. I remember telling her when she was eight years old that my parents were not around at all and she didn't even think too much on it because she had grown so much around another family. Praise noticed my look and rescued me.

"How about we go out after this semester? We can go to Ibadan and stay at Anjola's house till we resume or for just a few days" My only true friend saves me making me sigh.

"Yes, let's do that, it would be fun." Anjola agrees. I was about to refuse saying I had work but then I was interrupted.

"Mummy, you have a message on Whatsapp" Grace handed me my phone and I quickly checked the message.

'Hi.... Good evening. You gave me your number the other day at your shop so I could send you the lady's measurements. Do you remember me?' the text read.

I gave someone my number? I racked my brain for anyone I gave my number too and then another text came in.

'I came with a guy and the material and we saw each other on Monday' the text read.

I scrunch my eyebrows trying to remember. We saw each other on Monday. Oh my...

'Adeyemi?' I reply the text with mine.

He was the only one I spoke too except my friends on Monday.

'I'm happy to see you didn't forget me, I was starting to think so. How are you doing?'

Do I really want to start a conversation with a guy who does nothing but confuse me? I don't think so, but I'd sound like a snob if I don't reply wont I? Besides, it's on whatsapp, what are the chances we'd run into each other again physically right? Or am I just reading too much into this, it's just a conversation, isn't it? Ah, I haven't even replied and I'm already confused and worked up