CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I couldn't stop crying!

I had tried everything I could, but I always got caught, and now I was standing in the middle of our very small sitting room dressed in a brown skirt and blouse with a scarf covering my face as I stared at the people who were laughing and making merry at the fact that a thirteen-year-old was getting married. I had begged my mother to let me escape, but she just wouldn't listen, and there were men, Shekau's men, always standing beside my door in case I tried anything funny.

"My wife." I snapped my head at the man seated by my side while I stood, indicating my position in his life. Nothing; that's what I was. I was just a tool for these men to do as they pleased. I stood there emotionless, numb and scared of what was going to happen to me. I didn't need to sign any documents, as our society's rule was to let the parents do all the legally important stuff.

The man beside me smiled slyly as he pulled me down on his lap so harshly that I jerked and almost tripped. He put his face close to mine, and before I knew it, I was being kissed sloppily. I closed my mouth, but a hard hit on my back made me gasp, and he took the opportunity to slip his disgusting tongue into my mouth. I pressed my teeth on his lips, making him scream.

"Stupid girl, I'm going to punish you when we get home." I landed on the floor with a gasp as he hit me. Home was nowhere with this bastard. Everyone in the room laughed at the way he treated me. How could any of this be normal?

After a few hours of ridiculous partying and shameful laughter, I was dragged by Shekau's men to his house. I trashed and trashed and screamed, but it only got me slaps and hits on my head, and I wasn't going to stop.

"No, please, let me go," I cried, but instead they put me inside a room, tied my hands and legs to the bedposts, and left.

"You think you can disgrace me? I'll show you what I do to you. You are going to birth me, boy, you hear, boy." Shekau entered the room and shouted in my face. I knew what was going to happen, so I pulled on the ropes harshly, but it only pierced my skin.

"I'm sorry, sir, please," I begged, but he only laughed.

"You are my wife now; I want my wife," he said sadistically, and he traced his hands to the sides of my body. I shivered in disgust, and soon he was removing his clothes, leaving him in just his boxers

I jerked my body continuously, only to receive a slap, making me still for a moment in pain. He removed my skirt and unzipped my blouse, leaving me in my bra and pants.

I jerked and jerked in pain as this man assaulted my body with every hideous thrust and pinch.

This wasn't pleasure; it was torture.

I didn't know how much time had passed before he finally got off me and left me there laughing. I couldn't cry anymore; I just lay there in so much pain. Who did I ever offend? Why didn't they just kill me when they found out I was a girl at birth?

8 months later

Water trickled down my legs, and soon the pain I was feeling was beyond imagination as I felt the baby inside me kick so hard and topple with the pain from the beatings I had received earlier today. It was like I was being ripped apart.

The other wives of Shekau gathered around, and I could hear them saying it was the hit to my stomach that was leading to my early delivery. I wanted to die.

"Put her on the bed," Shekau ordered, and I was lifted up off the ground and placed on the bed. which I hated the most. The women worked quickly as they pushed my legs apart while I groaned out in pain. The men held me down while I felt someone poking me down there, and then I felt the urge to push. I pushed so hard and fell right back on the bed.