Chapter 1

Narrator

Sitting at her desk after months of  sending resumes to countless agencies. Loosing hope she leaned back, placing her hands over her face briefly before looking over at her window. The trees sway with the wind and a beautiful red feathered bird landed on a branch.

I wish I was a bird, flying free not having to worry about money. Seeing where my wings can take me; She thought to her self as she admired the bird. The silence was broken by the sound of her phone ringing.

Phone:

???:"Hello, may I speak to miss
L/N please?"

Y/N: "This is she..."

???: "Ah good. Good afternoon miss, this is Rowan from the Stoneburrow agency. I was contacting in regards to your application to join our team. Are you still interested?"

Y/N: "O-of course! I mean...Yes I am still interested."

Rowan: "Excellent, I would love if you could meet me at the office 8am Monday 22nd."

Y/N: "I will definitely be there."

Rowan: "Perfect, I will see you then miss L/N. I look forward to meeting you."

Y/N: "Likewise, have a good day."

Rowan: "You as well."

-Call finished-

"Yeeeees!" she screamed as she placed her phone down and stood up from her seat. She began jumping around filled with joy. She finally had a chance at her dream job, but her joy was short.

She gasped as she placed her hand on the side of her face. "But I have to go to the city of  Stoneburrow..." she said to herself before she sighed.

That city was 4,000 miles away...But it is her dream. This could be her only shot at achieving her goal. She had to do it, she was going to do it.

Turning off her computer and gathering her things, before she exits her office. She made her way to the kitchen and placed her papers on the counter. She browsed for something special to cook,to celebrate the magnificent news.

Some time later dinner was ready, she placed some candles on the table. Pouring some wine in two tall glasses. Setting the table with the delicious looking meal.

A few minutes later there was a knock at her door, answering it with a smile she greets a tall, fair skinned male

"I've been waiting for you, silly." she giggled before placing a small kiss  upon the male's cheek.