Chapter 4

Narrator

Oh god...; Y/N thought to herself as she took a look at the contents withing the red folder. There was an image of a dismembered child, no older than six. She flipped through the images and they just kept getting worse.

Body parts, pools of blood, kid's bodies stuffed with candy, organs everywhere, their faces scratched up beyond recognition...The number one question she had going through her mind at this time was. Who is sick enough to do this?

She looked at the papers looking for reports on missing children but there weren't any. How is this possible?; she thought to herself. In the news they mentioned there were missing children but where are the reports.

"Excuse me Rowan, quick question...Are there no reports on missing kids? Could they have been misplaced?" the young female asked with a hint of hesitation, she did not want to disturb him.

He took a moment as if he was confused, he looked around his desk as well as in the drawers. However he could not find any paperwork, not even an incident report. "I don't understand...They should be with the papers I gave you." he stated.

"They assured me there were missing reports...Those lying bitches- I am so sorry for cursing Y/N that was inappropriate of me." he stated as he quickly apologized, he didn't seem like the type to curse like that.

"It's okay, but why would they lie?" She asked as she once again scanned through the papers.

The male sighed placing his hand upon the side of his face briefly, before he spoke once again. "That is a good question, but the better question is if they are really doing their best at searching...or have they not even bothered."

Rowan made a good point, what was the police doing with the so called search for the perpetrator. She wrote down on her notepad a list of things to search for, number one was tp find out the truth behind the so called search.

They both went back to their work and they spent the day helping each other, they had some lunch in the office instead of in the break room. There was no room for anyone to find out about anything, one slip up and the case could be over.

After a long day of work it was time to clean up so they can leave, he gave her a key to his office as well as a key to the drawers in her new desk. "Make sure you lock up the documents please." he said as he looked at his watch, noticing it was already 10:40pm.

Y/N locked up the documents and she gathered her things, she placed some papers into her bag with the permission of Rowan. She wanted to take a better look at some so she could start building a path to follow.

They locked up and some coworkers said goodbye before they left. "I can walk you to your car, so you don't walk alone in the dark." he offered while smiling.

"I do not have a car yet, I just moved here..." she stated rather embarrassed, she was going to wait until she got her paychecks to be able to buy a car. He looked at her for a second before thinking.

"Yes you do, is a company car." he said as he ushered her to follow him. She raised her eyebrow briefly before she followed him into the parking lot. They went to the second floor and he showed her the car.

 They went to the second floor and he showed her the car

"Rowan...Oh my god." she admired the beautiful car in front of her and she looked over at him with widened eyes. "I-...I can't accept this car, it is too nice." she mentioned as she gazed at the car once again.

"I insist, plus is mandatory for every employee to have a means of transport." Rowan stated as he handed her the keys.

Y/N hesitantly took the keys, she had never even been close to a car this nice. She would have never imagined herself driving one, but she didn't question it further. It was an amazing opportunity therefore it's best not to waste this chance.

"Thank you so much." she said as she gave him a tender smile, which he returned. Her boss was rather generous to begin with, she thought she would get stuck with a pushy and judgemental person.

"See you tomorrow Y/N." he said before he shook her hand and walked to his own car. She got into her car and she admired the inside, it was amazing. Like nothing she has ever seen, not that she's been able to own a car of her own in the first place.

"This is awesome, I love this job." she said to herself before turning on the engine. She felt chills go down her spine, hearing that engine, feeling it's power. It felt more like a dream. She soon started to drive home, on the way she had the radio on as a way to entertain herself.

-Radio-

Announcer: We interrupt your regularly scheduled station for an important announcement. Police are involved in a high speed chase from Westine Street heading east bound towards Coral street.

"Huh...? I am in coral street I don't see any cops. What game are they playing?"

Announcer: Police advise people that maybe outside to get inside their homes immediately. This is not a drill, they are chasing someone at the moment, get into your homes IMMEDIATELY.

-End of announcement-

"Ugh, it's really sick that they are playing with the public like this." She said to herself as she shook her head in annoyance, feeling her determination to seek out the truth grow more with this false statement on the radio.

"I hear no sirens going off, a chase HAH! what a joke. And those sick fucks messing with people how could they be so inconside- OH MY GOD!"

She slammed on her breaks as she saw a tall figure on the road, but before she could take a better look at the person a large cloud of dense black smoke engulfed them and as the smoke cleared they were gone.

"What the hell...?"

-To be continued-
You got your dream job and now you have an amazing car! How lucky are you?
Could the police have lied to the media and could they have been lying all this time?
Who or what was that figure in the middle of the street?
Find out next chapter

I hope you are all enjoying the story so far, as much as I am enjoying to write it.
Sincerely
CR33PYKSTUDIOS