Chapter 18

Reader's POV

'What game are you playing?'  I thought to myself as I placed my hand upon my forehead briefly.
How could he have altered the cameras? That should be impossible without having access to the camera software...right?

Could he have gotten access to my work documents? That still wouldn't make sense I don't keep written records of important work data.
He must have gotten someone's help...Maybe someone from this office has to be in contact with him in some way. Someone has to be corrupt.

It's the only thing that makes sense to me at this time. I huffed and looked at my monitor intently, he has to have slipped up somewhere. There must be a clue of who might have helped.

 I decided to run through the footage once again, for anything that could indicate it's been tampered. Aside from me already knowing.
As I replayed the tape I noticed a glitch within the footage, I once again replayed it and I was able to pause it when it glitched.

Noticing a neon green light within the glitch, I swear I have seen this before...I heard of cases of this happening as well.
I gasped briefly, quickly stopping myself to prevent Rowan from noticing. 

How could I not think about this sooner, if Laughing Jack is real...who is to say all the other's aren't.
The color reminds me of Ben Drowned but how could he tamper with footage? I didn't know that was possible.

I sighed and decided to focus on my work for the rest of the day disregarding the possibility of other Creepypasta character's being real...

-Time Skip night-

I worked along side my boss for the rest of the day, filing papers, analyzing evidence. There has not been a  new disappearance in quite some time, a part of me didn't know whether it's a good or bad thing. 

It was getting to be pretty late, nearing closing time. Rowan began picking up his things and organizing papers. 
I looked over and Rowan smiled softly.

"Well Y/N I am done for today, feel free to stay as long as you need." He said as he gave a small smile.
I nodded and smiled back, while watching him walk towards the door and open it. 

"Have a good night, sir." I said as I smiled softly.

"You too, miss. Stay safe out there, remember to call if you need me." He said as he then exited the room and closed the door.
I took the liberty to do some extra research on CreepyPasta phenomenon, but all that was coming up were stories, tales and fan fiction.

What was I to expect, this is supposed to be fake yet here I am being tormented by a cute killer...GAH! NOT CUTE! psychotic...

After a couple more hours of trying to focus on the case as well as trying to make sense of the lost footage, I looked at the time.
"9:00 pm...Jeez, I am extremely sleep deprived..." I said as I turned off the computer and gathered my things.

I stood up and suddenly heard a knock at the office door, I flinched and looked over to it but all I saw was a letter being swept underneath the door.
"Who...Who's there?" I asked.

I knew for a fact that no one was in the building at this time they all usually left by 7pm, 8 the latest.
I walked over to the door and opened it, quickly looking around but no one was there.