Chapter 19

LJ's POV

I had to talk with that girl before CandyPop rips her away from me, I won't let that happen. I made my way to her house, without teleporting.
Taking the time to reflect and think about what I have to tell her, it is agonizing to think of my past...but this dumbass is pushing it.

The thought of being with this scurrying detective should have been impossible or unthinkable. Yet I kind of want it...I want to see what our relationship would be like. Not for immunity from the law, but for the fact that I really like her.

After some time I made it to the house, I looked around for an opened window and sure enough I found one. I didn't know what room I'd be in but I might as well find out.
Once I made it up to said window, I peeked in noticing it was her bedroom. I saw her laying down while holding the music box.

I just hope I am not too late... I went into the room and sighed before I spoke.
"Little mouse, we need to talk..."
I said hesitating for a moment, hoping that the misinformation did not get to her.

"What is there to talk about?" I heard her say as her eyes opened and she sat up, placing the music box on her lap.
"How and when you are going to kill me? How to get this box away from me?" she asked.

Her words felt like daggers being jabbed into my chest, I shook my head and approached her bed. Sitting across from her, keeping some distance between us.
"Where would you get an idea like that?" I asked.

She huffed and looked away. "I got a letter telling me about Victoria... You are a serial killer, I am not surprised." she stated bluntly.

"A letter? Did it say who it's from?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows. 

She crossed her arms and shrugged. "Yes, it was CP. But it doesn't matter who sent it, what matters is that I was dumb for having feelings for you-" she covered her mouth immediately and her face turned a bright shade of red.

"You-...You have feelings for me?" I asked in awe, I thought it was farfetched to think she could see me in a different light, other than the criminal she was chasing. The criminal that she was so desperate to put behind bars.

She huffed not bothering to look at me, I am assuming that she is embarrassed. 
"What does it matter? I am not going to end like Victoria and be your next kill or trophy." She said as she hugged her knees close to her chest.

"Would you at least hear my side of the story before you make your final judgement? It doesn't seem fair to take the word of someone that you haven't even met or seen." I said obviously annoyed by the situation.

I thought that by the time he would maybe confess his feelings for her, it would have gone a little better. But obviously it isn't the time.
She placed her legs down and she looked over at me with a fain blush across her cheeks.

"Go on then... Before I change my mind and ask you to leave." She stated firmly.
I do understand where she was coming from, hearing something as horrifying as a woman dying supposedly by the hands of her lover.

But I was determined to explain and clear things up.
"The year was 1740, Slenderman had found my music box and set me free. I was lost, confused and in distress. I had spent so long inside of that box that my colors faded and I became the monochrome clown that you see before you now."