Chapter 33

Reader's POV

After a surprising peaceful nights sleep, I was awakened by the sound of chirping birds. I opened my eyes and yawned briefly before I sat up. For a moment I had forgotten that I wasn't at my own home.
I looked around and took in my surroundings, the décor was very nice. It almost gave the impression of a olden style, yet very elegant.

I stood up and walked towards the window, the difference between this place and the Slender mansion...It was very sunny outside, a very nice day at that.
A soft sigh escaped my lips before I walked over to the closet, getting a better look at the wardrobe gifted to me by that man.
I can't lie he does have great style at that.

I changed my clothes to a more proper every day attire, before I went over to the door. Expecting it to be locked, however to my surprise it wasn't. I turned the doorknob slowly before opening the door a little and peeking my head through. Looking around for any sign of movement.
Seeing no one around I took the opportunity to explore and try to find the bathroom without assistance.

Every step I took echoed  throughout the mansion, which made me a little nervous...But thankfully no one seemed to hear them, at least not for now. Eventually I found the bathroom and I locked the door behind me, whoever decorated this entire place has impeccable taste.
I looked around and noticed a cup with my name on it, it had a toothbrush and toothpaste.

"Accommodations here are pretty good, I have to give him that..." I said to myself as I then brushed my teeth and washed my face. I then made my way out of the bathroom and I suddenly heard clanking coming from downstairs.
I tensed up and walked over to the veranda and peeked downstairs as much as I could. 
But I couldn't see anyone, all I could see was an empty living room. I took a moment to think... 'Would it be smart to go downstairs and investigating?'  Then again that man should be here and if there was danger he would have acted already.

I accidentally leaned too much against the veranda and it made it creak, I jumped briefly and tensed up. I took a few steps back before turning around and making a straight shot towards the bedroom. However before I made it into the room I heard a set of footsteps behind me. Followed by a deep voice.
"Good morning, my love. I knew you had to be up by now." The man said as he continued to approach before he was directly behind me.

A nervous chuckle escaped my lips for a moment before turning around and facing the man, I took a few steps back and smiled uncomfortably.
"G-good morning...Yeah I am a bit of an early bird, I guess..." I said as I rubbed the back of my arm. Then man seemed intrigued as he then pointed towards the stairs.

"I would be honored if you could join me for breakfast, I will be glad to answer your questions over a meal."
He said as he seemed eager for me to join him, being able to focus on him better than I did yesterday...I was able to notice that he really did resemble Slender, however the biggest difference was that he had a mouth. Nothing else.

"I suppose...I am hungry." I said as I looked away from him and focused on the floorboards, he was pleased by my response and he led me downstairs and into the dinning room.
He pulled a chair out for me and I sat hesitantly, he pushed the chair in gently before he went to sit at his chair. In front of me was a plate with very delicious looking meal, plated to perfection.
The scent was captivating to the point where my mouth was watering.