Chapter 7

Narrator

"I will find you..." she said as she grasped her flashlight tightly. She wasn't backing out of this, she proceeded to walk through the park.
She scanned the area making sure she didn't miss anything last time she was there.

Y/N walked over to the tree that the boy was found hanging from, the rope was left there. So I put on some gloves and took the rope down, placing it in a plastic bag before putting it into her bag.

She wanted to send it to the lab for prints, because she was not buying the story the media was selling. She decided to pursue the mother's wishes and help with digging up the truth. Soon after she made her way back towards the forest, she took a deep breath before walking in.

Looking around making sure she gets her bearings, she made sure to remember where to go and soon enough she  does find the opening once again

Looking around making sure she gets her bearings, she made sure to remember where to go and soon enough she does find the opening once again. She looked around briefly before she walked forward.

Seeing the same big tent and she took a peek inside, it was already lit and there was no kids anywhere to be seen.
"Where is that projector..?" she asked herself as she stepped into the tent and looked around.

Y/N was making sure that what she saw had an explanation other than her mind playing games on her. But then again how would she have seen what she saw in her car as well. Suddenly she heard a shuffle in between the bleachers.

She slowly approached the bleachers and pointed her flashlight at it first, nothing was visible. Giving her the confidence to approach closer, she peeked over seeing what appeared to be a child.

"Hello...? I am not going to hurt you." she said softly reassuring the child, but the child turned around revealing that his face was scratched up and stomach cut open. She took a step back and she gulped.

She covered her face and she took in a deep breath before letting it go. "This is not real...you are just tired." she said to herself in an effort to make sense of what she has been seeing all these days.

Y/N took a deep breath before she uncovered her face. The small child was on the bleachers, his features distorted.

"He's coming..." the child said in a distorted tone. She took a few more steps back.
"RUN." the child screeched at the top of his lungs.

Y/N felt her heart stop for a second, before she ran out of the big tent. Who was playing a game with her?

She ran towards her car and she climbed in, breathing heavily.
"It's getting harder to focus on searching for more clues." She said to herself as she then placed her hands on the wheel.

Y/N felt a hand on her shoulder, she felt herself tense up before she slowly turns to look.
"Don't leave me!" A child with no eyes lunged at her before he disappeared.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!" She screamed out as she mustered the courage to get back out of her car and go back to the carnival.
There was no way she was going to fold,she was not going to allow a confusing situation drive her away.

Y/N marched back into the forest, flashlight in hand. She huffed hearing faint whispers, she was not listening to them. She pushed through finally getting back to the circus and she went walking towards the games.

Once again there were no workers anywhere and no one was here, at least she didn't see anyone. The games had blood splatters on them and the duck game used real dismembered ducks. "Ew..."

"What sane person would come to this carnival...?" she asked herself as she looked around briefly, another thing that caught her eye was the prizes on some of the booths. There were guts hanging from hooks, along with other body parts.

A shiver ran down her spine as she cleared her throat. She proceeded to visit another tent, seeing as there were cages. Cages that should contain animals for a show, but instead it had what seemed to be child bones.

She kept walking inside that same tent and she took some pictures of the bones, as well as the splotches of blood. Soon enough she left the tent and she started to walk further, taking some pictures of trails of blood.

She stood still for a moment and looked around, waiting for anything to come out at her. She was hoping that the things she saw were part of some attraction.
But it wouldn't make sense because what would be attached to her car.

It was going to be obvious if someone had tampered with the company car, right? If not her, her boss would have noticed. In any case since nothing was going on, she turned back and decided to call it a night.

Y/N walked back into the forest and she sighed, there had to be a better explanations on the children she was seeing. She also wondered why they kept saying to find them, to help them and to run.

"I need some sleep..." she said to herself as she soon made it back to the park and she walked back to her car. Looking around for a moment, before getting inside of her car and turning it on. There was definitely something more sinister going on in this town and she was going to get to the bottom of it.

She began driving home and she wondered who was behind that carnival, whoever it was is smart enough to know kids are the ones who wonder often. If the kids told their parents about the carnival in the woods, she was sure that their parents would rule it off as their wild imagination.

Some time after Y/N made it to her home and she parked her car in the driveway. She Looked to the side noticing her neighbor on the porch, she had suitcases and boxes. "Linda?" she said as she walked over to talk to her.

"Oh Y/N darling, you nearly gave me a heart attack." the older woman said as she took a deep breath, she sighed soon after.

"I am so sorry, I just wanted to ask...Are you going on vacation?" the younger female asked curiously. Linda shook her head and she grabbed one of her boxes.

"No dear...I am moving somewhere else. After losing one of my grand kids, I do not want that to happen again." the older woman stated before she sighed and she walked off to her car. Y/N understood of course, she helped Linda put everything into her car.

A few minutes later she was all set, The older woman hugged the younger female while saying goodbye. "Take care of yourself, dear." Linda said as she got into her car.

Y/N smiled and waved as Linda drove away, she walked back to her house and she went inside. Locking the door behind her as she then walked upstairs and into her room.
She sat on her bed and she began writing down her findings and looking over the evidence, not touching the rope she had in the bag.

She checked her watch, noticing that it was getting late. She cleans up and got ready for the night. Turning off her light and laid on her bed, she looked at the ceiling for a bit before she began to drift into sleep. She heard a faint whisper.
"Liars..."

"Who are?" she asked while keeping her eyes closed, not knowing if she was already dreaming.
"Everyone...I didn't die hanging from a tree...I died at the hands of a mad man..." the whispers were getting harder to hear.

"Who is the mad man?" she  asked finally opening her eyes.
"He lived in a box...When a special song plays he appears. Find the box...he finds you."
Y/N sat up and looked around, not seeing anything.

"Ugh...I have to start going to sleep at a better time." Soon enough she laid down and was able to drift into a deep slumber.

-To be continued-

Who is behind that carnival of nightmares?
What box was the voice was talking about, was it a hobo?
Find out next chapter

I hope you are all enjoying the story so far, as much as I am enjoying to write it.
Sincerely

CR33PYKSTUDIOS