Chapter 23

Narrator

"Let's go see Slenderman..." Laughing Jack said before he took a deep breath and let it go slowly.
He could tell that she was nervous, uneasy even. But he needed to bring her to Slenderman so he'd be able to have a chance to be with her.

Something within him told him that she would keep their existence a secret; no matter the cost. She did confess to having feelings for him.
But would those feelings be enough to protect the whole organization...? 

He was soon snapped out of his thoughts when the female spoke again. 
"Jack...Something that we didn't take into consideration, it is light out. You're a wanted person-uh thing?" she spoke dragging out her words a bit.
The male raised his eyebrow feeling a little offended being called a thing, but he brushed that off for now.

"I see you feel more comfortable calling me Jack." he said with a slight smirk before her words sank in.
He facepalmed briefly before he took a moment to think. Y/N shook her head and she took the same initiative to think of solutions.

"I got it, I will just disguise my appearance." He stated in full confidence as he placed both of his hands upon his hips. She looked at him with confusion for a moment before she tilted her head. Wondering how he would be able to disguise himself, a simple hat and sunglasses wouldn't be enough to hide his obvious key features.

In a split second a plume of smoke wrapped around Laughing Jack until he was completely covered by the dense cloud of gray smoke. She was confused as she stared at this cloud, after a few seconds the smoke began to dissipate. Revealing the male with different features. 

Fair skin, rosy cheeks, human like nose, perfect pearly white teeth. His hair still messy with bangs that covered his eyes.
His outfit changed to a more emo like aesthetic, however his height stayed the same.

"Can't you change your height to a more human like scale? That factor will still call people's attention." 
She stated as she raised an eyebrow briefly, he huffed visibly annoyed before he spoke.

"I would if I could, but I can only manipulate my appearance." he said as he crossed his arms annoyed. He did not appreciate having to appear human, he felt a little disgusted if he were to be honest.
A small chuckle escaped from her lips for a brief second, before she spoke yet again.

"Would you even fit in my car...?" she asked as she started to look at him up and down for a moment, he felt a little flustered having her look at him intently. His thoughts spiraled a little as he thought that she might have found him better looking with his human appearance.
But then he remembered that she did confess her feelings when he looked like his normal self.

"Uh...Well." he took a moment to think about it, knowing how low her car is. It would be uncomfortable for him to get in.
"So we are walking?" she asked as she grabbed her bag and keys. LJ nodded and shrugged briefly.

"Make sure to bring the music box with you, if anyone can explain things about that box is the boss himself." he stated as he then points at the music box that was sitting on the coffee table.
Y/N nodded and placed the music box in her bag before they both proceeded to leave the house, there was a bit of uncertainty from the meeting at hand but the female did not allow anymore bad thoughts to flood her brain.

 As she was locking her front door, LJ leaned to her ear and whispered. "You have new neighbors..." he stated softly before he straightened back up. She looked to the house next door and noticed that her new neighbor was a police officer.

He waved at her and smiled briefly, before he looked over at LJ and got visibly uncomfortable. She waved back before quickly walking away with Jack. As they walked through the neighborhood people that were in their front yards were stunned seeing Jack walking beside her.
"I told you so..." she said as she smiled awkwardly at everyone.