Chapter 20

Narrator

"Slenderman is gonna love this." LJ said as he began to walk towards the forest.
He was still in awe after he had heard Y/N tell him she had feelings for him.

He already had a problem with CandyPop for some time now. Which it makes it easier for LJ to call him out on his actions. After some time he made it to the mansion and he walked in, not paying attention to some crashing coming from the kitchen.

Chalking it out to just the usual brawls and disagreements, he walked upstairs and he walked towards Slenderman's office. He came to a stop when he saw CandyPop walking out of the office.

"Oh perfect, the boss wants a word with you." he said to LJ as he cackled in a mocking tone.

"What did you tell him, you fucking dipstick." LJ asked as he crossed his arms, it was unlikely that the other male had told the truth of their encounter. He thought maybe he would have to fight for the right to be heard.

CandyPop said nothing, he only smiled and he made his way down the hallway and downstairs. LJ huffed and knocked on the double doors, an annoyed grumble was heard before he heard him say he could come in.

Walking in and closing the doors behind him, he could tell Slenderman was not happy. He had papers scattered along his desk and files on files completely unorganized.
"Sit" he said in a commanding tone.

Jack sat without saying a word, he wanted to hear what the other had to say before he decided to state his case.

"What the hell are you thinking? You got involved with a criminal investigator?!" the faceless male said in a firm tone. 
Jack took a deep breath and he went to speak, but he was quickly shut down by Slenderman holding up his hand.

"I don't need excuses, you had a job to do. Multiple in fact and one of the things was to get that music box away from that woman, yet here we are. You decided to go and fall in love with a mortal that posses a threat to not just you, but ALL OF US! You have proved to be too reckless and untrustworthy." the taller man said as he placed his hands upon his desk.

"Excuse me?! No because what you are not going to do is believe something that some circus reject says! He has been MIA for who knows how long, we did not know where he was or what he has been doing. And you find THAT trustworthy? Not someone who has been doing your dirty work for YEARS!" LJ said as his anger grew rapidly.

Slenderman raised a hand pointing a finger towards Jack, but before he could speak he was cut off by more anger fueled banter.
"AND ANOTHER THING! Don't think that I have forgotten that I saved your ass, you owe me mister boss. And what I will not tolerate is you not taking the initiative and talking to me, hearing my side of the story and getting to the bottom of the issue." 
He said as he crossed his arms.

The taller male seemed to be stunned by what he had just heard, but Jack was right. It wasn't fair of him to jump onto him like that, without knowing the full story.
A small sigh came from the boss before he straightened up.

"Alright, alright. You have a point Jack...So please sit and let's chat properly." Slenderman said as he pointed at the chair in front of his desk.

LJ huffed as he then walked back over to the chair, he sat down and he took a moment to calm down. His temper tends to get the best of him, but right now the calmer he is the better they an communicate.

"Now then, starting from scratch what is going on between you and Y/N" Slenderman asked as he tilted his head briefly.

"How do you know- That's a dumb question considering who was in here." he said as he huffed and he shook his head briefly.

"Okay so... I was trying to get the box away, but no matter what I tried it wasn't working. I could not take it away. I did not mean to fall for her but I did, I haven't acted on this at all I promise you. But she did confess to liking me after what CandyPop pulled." Jack said.

Slenderman seemed confused.
"She what? That is proving to change things on our favor maybe... What did he do?"

"Well that waste of space left a letter at Y/N's office door. He decided to tell her that I killed Victoria, as well as he decided to stalk her at her office and parking lot." LJ stated as he was visibly annoyed.

"I'm sorry what?" Slenderman said as he scratched the back of his head. Visibly angry as he too knew what actually happened to the poor woman.
"Do you happen to have the letter by chance?" 

LJ nodded and he handed him the letter, he had taken it from her not wanting to have it looming over.
Slenderman opened it and he began to read it, he seemed to have gotten rather uncomfortable. He closed up the letter and he placed it down on his desk, while sighing.

"This is disgusting." Slenderman said as he rubbed his forehead, he was rather irritated and he couldn't believe that CandyPop wrote that.
He had some respect for him, however it is gone now.

"I was coming over here to tell you all of this, I am concerned that he will try something. I feel like he may try to remove her from the equation... If you know what I mean." LJ said as he huffed softly.

"I understand, honestly I do see that being an issue. That is if he meant what he said in his letter." Slenderman said.

There was a bit of silence for a moment before the taller male spoke again.
"I wish to speak to Y/N" 

"W-what?!" LJ nearly fell from his chair after he had heard what the other had said. 

"It's not what you think, I mean no harm." Slenderman said firmly.
"However I want to know that she really does have feelings for you, I have to make sure she isn't pretending just so she can catch you." he said.

LJ gulped as he scratched the back of his head, he did not want to put Y/N in an awkward situation. Hell he didn't even get to say he liked her too and now she is going to get questioned on her feelings.

"Hypothetically speaking...if I were to say I could get her here and you do find out that she does like me, would that mean I could pursue something?" LJ asked.

Slenderman tilted his head for a moment as he wasn't ready to be asked that, he then took a moment to think.
He seemed to have his reservations on the matter but he could see LJ had strong feelings for her and if she likes him the same, he would feel wrong for keeping them apart. If there were no visible issues or dangers on her part.

"I will consider." Slenderman said as he nodded softly.

LJ smiled for a moment before he got serious yet again and he nodded back.
"Thank you, now then are we done here?" he asked.

Slenderman nodded and he wrote something down.
"You are free to go. Remember to have a chat with miss Y/N and I advise that you keep an eye out for any suspicious activity." 

LJ nodded as he then got up and exited the office, he walked along the extensive hallway before he went downstairs.
He wanted to have a talk with CandyPop but thankfully he was gone. He walked out of the building and he began to walk towards his carnival.

He hoped that he could convince Y/N to come talk to Slenderman, but how would he even bring that up in conversation? She didn't even think that he existed in the first place, would she believe that a tall faceless man with tentacles exists too?

"I will protect you from anyone who tries to harm you...I promise." 

-To be continued-

Will CandyPop try to interfere?

Will you be willing to speak face to "face" with the faceless man?
Find out next chapter

I hope that you are all enjoying the story so far, as much as I am enjoying to write it.

Sincerely

CR33PYKSTUDIOS