Chapter 16

Narrator

Y/N drove off as fast as she could, without looking back at the clown. Eventhough she would never admit it, she did think about what LJ had said...

"Would they really think I I crazy?" She asked herself as she drove to her neighborhood,  she slowed down and she sighed.

Not knowing what would be the better choice she decided to just leave it be for now.
She arrived at her home and parked the car up on the driveway.

Going inside of her home and locking the door behind her, she took off her shoes and picked them up.
"My feet are killing me..." She stated as she walked upstairs and took a shower, she got ready for bed and walked into her bedroom soon after.

She sat on her bed and looked around for a moment, noticing the music box was on top of her bedside table.
"How do you keep doing this?!" She asked the box.

Of course she did not get a reply, the room was still silent. With the occasional sound of crickets.
'I don't know what I expected...; she thought as she laid down and stared at the ceiling.

"I know who the serial killer is, I know who has been kidnapping children...I have to say something.  But he is right, Rowan might dismiss me from the case."
She said as she covered her face for a brief moment.

"How could I explain this in a way that isn't going to make me sound like someone that needs to be placed in a nut house...?"
She said as she turned off her lamp and she covered up with her blanket.

'Maybe all I need is some sleep, I will figure things out in the morning.'
She thought to herself as she the closed her eyes and drifted into sleep.

Time skip
Morning

Y/N had prepared herself some breakfast and she sat down in front of the TV, thinking whether or not to turn it on.
The media was a cesspool of gossip and hearsay, instead of focusing on actually documenting the open case.

She does understand that they don't want the city to panic but they are completely keeping things away from the public eye.
It doesn't look good for the police or the mayor at the moment.

To which it's to be assumed that the media was coursed into making up stories and cover celebrity drama to drift the focus somewhere else.
Which is messed up.

"Should I tell Rowan...?" She asked aloud while she then finished up her breakfast. 
She really didn't want to risk her dream job, but she also could not allow the serial killer to roam free to do as he pleased.

"Quite the predicament you find yourself in, huh?"
She heard an all too familiar voice from behind her, she jolted and looked back quickly.
Seeing the killer clown upstairs by the railing.
"Oh, whoops did I startle you?"

The male was clearly being sarcastic, to her she couldn't see him caring if he had given her a heart attack.
If anything she thought he would be overjoyed.
He could have his precious music box and he wouldn't have to be tetherd to her anymore.

"You are so obsessed with me, why are you here?"
She stated visibly annoyed by his presence,  as if she didn't have enough problems.
He had to show up.