Chapter 4

Marshall Lee POV:

I walk into class and sit in front of Flame prince as usual. Since the teacher hasn't arrived yet, I turn to chat with him. I'm about to open my mouth when I notice an annoyed look on his face.

"What's up?" I ask.

He just looks at me.

"You knew I liked her." He says. "Why didn't you tell me you liked her? I told you. I even have a picture of her in my locker for goodness sake." He continues. Oh that's what this is about. I smile and shake my head. "I didn't tell you because I don't like her. Not in that way, at least." "But that note, it said that you liked her!" God did he really not get it?

"The note wasn't for her!" He blinks at me for a second then says,

"Then why did you say it was?" "I don't know, I guess I panicked..."

"Who was it for though?"

"It doesn't matter." He's quiet for a moment then says

"Does Fionna like you, then?" I smile at him.

"My dear friend, Fionna told me pretty clearly that she had no interest in being romantically involved with me and that she in fact has a crush." Flame prince processes all of what I had said. He's about to say something but I beat him to it.

"The person she has a crush on is you." His whole face lights up. He's really happy. His mouth opens but the teacher comes in and I quickly turn back to my desk. I can feel him grinning behind me through the whole period.