Chapter 3

I get to school early and half-run down the corridors. I find Marshall's locker and, after checking that there's no one around, slip the note in his locker. I look at my watch. If I don't go and get my books from my locker I'll be late.

Marshall Lee POV:

I walk down the corridor, gripping the note in my hands. I'm looking at the ground, not really paying attention to where I'm going. Suddenly my body collides with someone else. The note falls out of my hands and I look up. "Sorry Fionna." I mumble. I reach down to pick up the note but Fionna gets it first. Her eyes widened as she reads it. Great.

"Who- who's this for Marshall?" She asks. I look at the ground. What do I say? Should I tell her?

"Uh, you." I mumble. She gasps. "You, you like me?" She continues.

I lift my head up just in time to see Gumball running off.

Prince Gumball POV:

I was walking to my locker when I saw Marshall bump into Fionna. I saw the whole thing. How could I have been so stupid? Marshall likes Fionna. It was obvious. And now he'll see the note and...thankfully I didn't sign it. I'll just get Fionna to say she sent it. But I still feel hurt. I ran off in the other direction, making sure he wouldn't see me on the verge of tears...