Chapter 13

Prince Gumball POV:

I look at the clock on my wall. It's been 2 hours and 37 minutes since Marshall left. Somewhere in the back of my mind I kept hoping that he would walk back through that door and that we could patch things up. But who am I kidding. I was the one who told him to leave. I screwed up. Badly. I should be relived, or at peace...or something, now that he's gone. But I'm not. I miss him. The palace is so empty without his music flowing through it. I used to hate it, but now I crave it. I feel so alone. I stand up and walk to the window. I know I shouldn't we worrying about where he is, but I am. I still love him, and I always will. Outside the sun is shining brightly, covering everything with a yellow hue. I suddenly remember something. Vampires can die in the sun. Marshall is a vampire.

"Surely he took his keys and went back to his house." I say out loud in an attempt to calm myself down. I walk to Marshall's room and the first thing I see are his keys laying on his bed.

"Then he's taken a path in the shade. Or stayed in the shade the whole time." But between the Candy Kingdom and his house there is the grasslands, and there are barely any trees there. And very little shade. I run down the stairs and straight out of the door. I keep running, checking the alleys for any sign of Marshall. He isn't in the Candy Kingdom, I'm sure of that now. I stop right before I get to Fionna's house. I rearrange my face into a smile and knock on her door. She opens it a few seconds later.

"Oh hey Gumball." She says with a smile. "What's up?" "Oh nothing," I say, and force a smile onto my face. "Have you seen Marshall by any chance?" She thinks for a second then shakes her head.

"Nope, haven't seen him today. Wh-?" "Thank you. Bye." I rush off and start to run. Where could he be? He couldn't have gotten this far, not in this weather. Then suddenly, up on the horizon, I see a dark shape lying on the ground in the shade of a small tree.