Chapter 29

Prince Gumball POV:

I still couldn't get my head around it. Marshall gave up nearly everything that connected him to the Nightosphere, just to be with me. But judging from the way his mum treats him, I don't think it would have been a good idea for him to stay there. I turn my head and look down at Marshall, who is leaning on my shoulder. "Marshall..." I nudge him with my shoulder. "Mhm..." He mumbles back. He was probably asleep. I smile and lean down kiss him on the top of his head. "I love you." "I love you too." He says, a bit more alert this time. If only this would go on forever. Without the threat of Marshall's crazy mum trying to hunt us down. Suddenly, I feel the ground vibrate. "Marshall." I say, nudging him. "Mhm..." "Get up." I feel the ground shake again. "Mmherm...." He mumbles, burying his face into my side. The ground shakes again, harder than before. "Marshall I'm serious!" I hiss, shoving him off me. I catch him off guard and he falls hard. "Honestly Gumball I was just trying to-" He stops mid-sentence and I can tell he felt it too. "She found us." I whisper. I did not want her to find us. Not today. Not ever. But it was inevitable. The image of her hitting me plays in my head. Panic starts rising inside me. "She's going to kill us." I can feel my heart beating. I can't face her again. She'll finish us for sure "Hey, hey." Says Marshall, placing his hands on my shoulders to steady me. "It's gonna be ok. Ok? She's not gonna kill us." I force myself to nod. "But she's so strong and-" "Hey! This is NOT the right time to panic! Just pull it together! I need you now, alright?" he shouts. But he's right. I can't let panic take me over. Not now when he needs me the most. "I'm ok. It's ok." I say. I feel the ground shake. My breaths are irregular and I brace myself for the inevitable pain that will follow as soon as she finds us. I look over at Marshall. His body is rigid, every single muscle tense. I look forward into the dark forest. The ground shakes again, and I prepare myself for the worst.