Chapter 35

Prince Gumball's POV:
The late afternoon light starts to crawl away as night begins to take over. I run my fingers over my other hand and smile as i feel the cool metal of the ring on my finger. Marshall notices, and wraps his hand around mine, bringing it up to his lips and kissing me on the knuckles.
"Its getting late. We should probably get going." He whispers. I nod at him and stand up. Marshall grips my hand tighter and starts to float upwards. But i yank his hand back down. "Could we walk? Just this once?" "Are you sure?" Marshall is uncertain. He knows the walk is long. But I want to take a walk with him. We've never been on a walk before. "I'm sure."
"Alright." says Marshall, floating down to the ground. He smiles at me, and i smile back. We start the walk back to our home and in no time the palace comes into sight. "Do you remember?" Marshall whispers to me, pointing up to a balcony. "Thats where you first kissed me. It was my 19th birthday..." I blush at the memory. We were so young. So carefree. I run up to the front door and stand in front of it. "And here?" I shout to Marshall, grinning. His whole face breaks out into a wide smile.
"This is where I swooped you off your feet." He comes charging at me. "Like this!" Marshall grabs me under my knees and arms, just like he did two years ago, and effortlesly carries me into the palace. I tilt my head back and laugh, wrapping my arms around his neck. I couldn't be happier. I really couldn't. Considering that only a day ago i was fighting Marshall's mum, everything is perfect. I reach up and kiss Marshall on the cheek. "I love you, you know." He smiles down at me cheekily. "I love you too." I let out a short laugh.
"Now carry me up to the bedroom."