Chapter 11

Part 2

It has been nearly two years since Marshall Lee and Gumball started dating. In those two years they decided to move in together. Prince Gumball wanted to live with Marshall, but he still has a kingdom to run, so Marshall lives with him. Fionna and Flame prince are dating as well. She's madly in love with him and as a couple, they are extremely happy. As for Marshall and Gumball...well let's just say it's not perfect.

Prince Gumball POV:

'Another perfect batch' I think to myself as I take the cupcakes out of the oven. I hear loud music blasting out from Marshall's room. Glob, he spent most if his time there now. I pull a tray out of the cupboard and arrange the cupcakes on it. Right, now I have to take these to Fionna. I start to walk towards the door when Marshall suddenly swoops down and grabs one. "Marshall!" I shout. "Those are for Fionna!" He floats just in front of me and inspects the cupcake. "Put it back." I say. He just shrugs his shoulders and sinks his fangs into the red frosting, turning it an unappetising grey. He infuriates me so much sometimes. Marshall licks his lips then says,

"Tell me again why We need to give Fionna cupcakes?" I'd told him this so many times before. I clench my fists in an attempt to calm myself down.

"Because," I start, "she saved me and the Candy Kingdom from the Ice Queen. Again. I would expect you to remember, since she nearly FROZE me!" Marshall looks up as if trying to remember, then looks back at me.

"Nope, I got nothing." He opens his mouth like he's going to say something, but then quickly closes it. He turns his head and says,

"Well, I'm going upstairs." "Fine." I snapped. That was pretty much what always happened now. We barely talk, and if we do, we end up snapping at each other. Then there are rare days when we have nice conversations, or maybe cuddle. But the whole thing is going downhill. I wish we could just...talk it out. Get things back to how they used to be. But I know that that will never happen. I sigh. I still have to take these cupcakes to Fionna. I'll do it tomorrow. I set down the tray and sigh again. I wonder how we even stayed together for the past two years. I wonder if we'll be able to stay together for the next two years...