Chapter 7

Marshall Lee POV:

I wonder how Gumball reacted to the letter I have him. I hope he actually read it. I haven't seen him all weekend and now its Monday. As I walk down the path to the school a lump rises in my throat as I see Gumball standing further down the path. He's waiting. For me? Or for someone else? As I reach him he smiles nervously.

"Hey." He says.                

"Hi." I reply. He scratches the back of his head and continues,

"So...I read your note on Friday." I gulp. What am I supposed to say?

"Uh yeah..." I mumble. He swings his arms.

"Do you want to...I don't know...hang out, after school, or something?" He finally manages to say. "Yeah," I breathe in deeply.

"Do you wanna, come to my place? Or something?" Gumball "Ok." He stammers. I smile at him. He manages a small smile back.

Prince Gumball POV:

After school I waited around for Marshall. As the time passes I get more and more nervous. I see him walking toward me and my throat tightens. This is actually happening. I am going to Marshall's house. A few days ago I wouldn't have even imagined that something like this was possible. "Um, should we go?" He says as he comes up to me. All I can manage is a nod. The walk to his house is awkward. Marshall half floats, half walks. I decide to break the silence. "S-so you live by yourself?" I start. I hope Marshall can't see how nervous i am. I can see that he is slightly nervous, but he's trying to hide it.

"Yea, just me and my house." I gulp and try to continue. Marshall goes round a corner and an old worn down looking house comes into view.

"So this is it?" I ask.

"Yep." He replies. He goes up the few steps onto to the porch and opens the door.

"You don't keep it locked?" I ask. He just shrugs.

"Don't get many visitors." Once we get inside we set down out bags. I find it awkward just standing there. Marshall is standing in front of me. I take in his muscular arms and his piercing dark eyes, his messy dark hair and charming lips. He can sense the tension so says,

"Do you want to play a video game or something?" "Um ok." I reply. He sets up the system and i sit down on the floor as he hands me a controller. I smile at him, and he smiles back.