Chapter 12

Marshall Lee POV:

I strum on my guitar and hum along to the tune. "Marshall!" I hear Gumball's shouts from downstairs. I smile and play louder.

"Marshall!" He shouts again. I continue playing.

"MARSHALL LEE ABADEER!" That stops me. He hasn't called me by my full name for...he's never called me by my full name. I head out of the room and float downstairs, guitar still in hand.

"What." I ask when I see him standing in the corridor. He probably wants me to take out the trash or something.

"I'm TRYING to do some royal paperwork." He says. "Calm down, it's just music." I reply, then start to turn around to go back upstairs. "You're so inconsiderate..." Gumball mutters. I spin around to face him.

"Now I'm the inconsiderate one? You keep 'forgetting' to get your servant people to buy me red food!" "You could have just gotten it yourself." "It was THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. Do you want me to, die, or something?" He shakes his head and looks down.

"We used to sleep on the same bed, Marshall. When-" "Until you kicked me out for making too much noise! I don't even sleep ON the bed!" I can see Gumball getting angry. I can tell that this argument is not going to end well. "All you EVER do is stay in your room and play that guitar! You never help with ANYTHING!"

"Well YOU are always busy doing your stupid royal paperwork!"

"It's not STUPID!" "You care about your silly little Candy Kingdom more than you care about me!" I'm yelling at the top of my voice now. "Well if you hate this place so much why don't you just LEAVE." I try to say something back but no words leave my mouth. An eerie silence fills the space between us. "Fine." I say through gritted teeth. I grip my guitar and float out the door, slamming it behind me. Only then do I realise the magnitude of my actions. My vision starts to go blurry and i wipe my hand across my face. I consider going back and apologising. But I can't fix what I've kept broken for the past year. I look up at the sky, and let out a small cry of pain. It's the middle of the day. The sun is hot, burning me. I float off, and don't look back.