Chapter 10

Marshall Lee POV:

I walk over to Prince Gumball's place and stroll around until I find his bedroom window. I bend down and pick up a stone and then stick my hand in my pocket and pull out the note I wrote earlier. I wrap it around the stone and throw it as hard as I can. It bounces off the window pane and lands in the small balcony in front of it. I see Gumball's face peek onto out behind the glass and start to open the window reaching for the note. I duck behind the bush and then rush over to the main door. I stay there until Gumball comes out.

"Hello?" He calls out, stepping forward. I wait for the right moment and rush out, grabbing him under the knees and around the waist. "What the-" he starts then stops as I go higher into the air. He looks down, tenses and grabs me around the neck.

"Marshall!" He cries out. I throw my head back and laugh. He grips me tighter.

"Put me down!" "Come on easy up, it's fun!" I say to him. After a while he does. He even lets out a laugh. I see the spot and start towards the ground. As soon as my feet touch the ground Gumball jumps out of my arms and tries to catch his breath.

"Don't. Ever. Do. That. Again." He says.

"But you enjoyed it!" I say. He shakes his head playfully. I sit down on the grass and he sits next to me. I reach out and put my arm around his shoulder, pulling him into me. After a while he says,

"Do you think we should tell Fionna?" "Hm?" I ask. I know exactly what he said, but I need to think about it for a bit.

"I said do you think we should tell Fionna? I mean, we've been friends forever." It's true. We have been friends for a long time. She should be the first person to know.

"Nah," I say. "Let's not tell anyone just yet."

"Ok." He says. I scrunch up my face and bite my lip. I'm used to being a fearless bad-boy vampire, and I find it hard to say things with true emotion. Yet with Gumball I find myself doing that more and more often.

"Gumball I-" I swallow hard, trying to get rid of my nervousness. "I really do like you. A lot." I clamp my mouth shut scared of how he'll react.

"I...I do too." He says. A sigh of relief escapes my lips. I hug him tighter and smile. I am happy. I truly am.