Chapter 26

Marshall Lee POV:

"What? Why?" Asks Gumball. I glare back at him,

"Just do it. All of you. Go hide somewhere safe." Fionna opens her mouth to speak.

"Now!" I shout. They all rush off. I turn back to the door and stare out. I'm pretty sure its her, but I can't see her yet. But what would she be doing back in Aaa? I float out the door and in the direction of the rumbling. "Marshall Lee!" I hear a voice screech. I go on a bit further, and sure enough, my mum is there, in her demon form. She's now four times bigger than me. "Mum!" I shout. She doesn't hear me, and continues stomping across the ground, presumably looking for me. I float up to her and shout again.

"Mum!" She sees me, and stops in her tracks.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, but before I have a chase to ask her anything else she grabs me by the waist and starts to squeeze.

"Do you know how much trouble you've caused me?" She growls. "You are an embarrassment to this family." I try to wriggle free but her hold is tight.

"Mum, I'm happier here. " I say. This angers her even more.

"I don't CARE if you're happy. Ruling the nightosphere is the soul point of your existence, and I don't need you to be happy to do that!" She shrieks. I can tell I'm not going to get anywhere with just talking. "I DONT WANT TO GO BACK!" I shout as I myself take on my demon form and escape her grasp. She screams and lunges at me. I try to doge but she hits me in my side. I groan out in pain, but I still fight back. I have to fight back. If I don't fight back, she'll probably go on a rampage through Aaa, taking everyone's souls as she goes along, blackmailing me into going back to the nightosphere. Without me on her side she is useless down there. I fly forwards in an attempt to attack her, but she hits me first, sending me plummeting to the ground, the anger must have taken over her mind. She would never hurt me like this... But yet I can see her marching towards me. "Stop!" I hear a voice shout. I turn my head and see Gumball.

"I thought I told YOU TO HIDE!" I shout at him. He's looking at me and doesn't see my mum swing her arm back. I try to warn him, but it's too late. She whacks him with her arm and sends him flying back into me. Gumball groans in pain. I can already see my mum getting ready to lunge again. I grab Gumball and whisper into his ear.

"Get ready,"