Chapter 5

Flame prince POV:

I saw Fionna sitting outside later during lunch break. I gathered all my courage and walked up to her.

"Hey, Fionna." I say as casually as I can. She looks up at me hesitantly.

"H-hi." She replies a moment later. I look over her shoulder and se Marshall giving me the thumbs up before going inside. "Hey, I'm, I was thinking, maybe...uh..." God this was hard. I could see Fionna  starting to blush.

"Yes?" She says.

"Uh, I thought we could maybe like, meet up, or something after school, and go, like, out or something. No not go out like go out just like..." I trail off. I'd messed it all up. I lift my head and look at her. She really is beautiful. "Um, yea, ok that would be nice." She finally says.

"Really?"

"Yea. I'd like to hang out with you." She flashes me a smile and scoots over on the bench so that I can sit down. As I sat down i couldn't help but smile.

Marshall Lee POV:

I could see Flame prince was doing just fine, so I gave him the thumbs up and went back inside. I walk around for a while then saw Prince Gumball walking ahead of me.

"Hey Gumball." I say as I walk up to him. "Hey." He mumbles without even looking at me. He keeps walking, his gaze set on the ground in front of him.

"Um, what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing." He says. His voice sounds strained, like he's holding something back.

"I have to go." And he rushes off down another hallway. That was weird. I've never seen Gumball act like that before. I reach my locker and decide that I might as well get ready for my next class. As I unlock it for the first time that day a piece of paper falls out. Intrigued, I pick it up and open it. I start to read.

'Marshall, I think you like someone else but I just want to say that I like you.' My heart beat quickened as I noticed the slanted loopy handwriting that I could notice anywhere. It was from Gumball.