Chapter 15

Prince Gumball POV:

I pace up and down my room. What I he never wakes up? What if he... As soon as I found Marshall I called Lord Monochromicorn and he took us back to the Candy Kingdom. Ever since Marshall has been lying on my bed, unmoving. I sit down on my armchair and take out my reading glasses. I start to read a book, but my eyes keep moving back to Marshall, to see if he's awake. But he's not. After a while I really get drawn into the book, and I momentarily forget about him. A hand sweeps infront of me and snatches my glasses. "Hey, I need those!" I say without really looking up. I lift my head, and see Marshall floating right in front of me, smiling. "Marshall!" I practically shout, and throw myself at him. I hold him tightly. He's awake. He's alive. He's ok. "I'm sorry," I sob into his shoulder. I feel his strong arms wrap around me. "I was stupid. I'm sorry. I love you. Don't ever leave again." "Shh...it's ok." He whispers. For a minute we just stand there frozen in embrace. "Hey," says Marshall. I reluctantly pull back and look up at him. "I was stupid too. I love you. No matter what." He smiles at me and I can't help but smile back. He pulls me closer to him and firmly presses his lips to mine. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss back. It has been so long since he kissed me like this. I almost forgot what it was like to kiss him. Marshall pulls back and looks at me, before falling backwards onto my bed. I fall onto it too. He turns around so he's resting on his elbow and looks me straight in the eyes. "I miss us. I miss how it used to be." He says, his expression more serious. I reach out into the space between us and wrap my fingers around his. "We could try again." I half whisper. "Are you sure? I don't want to make you suffer all over again..." "I'm sure. And it won't happen again, because I won't let it." I say to him. He smiles, and shuffles closer so that our faces our nearly touching. I can feel his breaths on my cheeks. Suddenly the smile disappears from his face. He looks me straight in the eyes, but he doesn't say anything. "Oh glob..." He mutters.