Chapter 23

Prince Gumball POV:

The hands are still over my mouth and eyes. I'm terrified. I could run by whoever it is would just come after me. The hands would pull me back. I stay frozen to the spot. One of the hands flies off my mouth, but before I can scream lips connect to mine. Lips I know all too well. Marshall's lips. His hand comes off my eyes and wraps around my back, pulling me closer. I quickly open my eyes. It's really him. He is here. In the Candy Kingdom. In my room. Kissing me. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back. But I'm bursting with questions. I pull away and rest my forehead against his. "Marshall..." I start.

"I'm never leaving you again. No matter what. I'm not going to let you suffer again." He says, nudging my nose with his.

"How come you came back?" I whisper to him. He exhales.

"My life is pointless without you in it. I don't know how else to put it." I nod but only slightly.

"So did you go to the nightosphere?" "Yeah. But when I told my mum I was going back, well... she got a bit angry." His face droops, like he's remembering something that he didn't want to.

"What did she do?" He shakes his head again.

"Doesn't matter." I nod. I still can't believe he's right here, back with me. When he told me he was going to the nightosphere I though that was it, that there would be no more Marshall Lee in my life. But I guess I was wrong. And for once I'm happy that I was wrong. I look at Marshall and give him a questioning look.

"Wait, how did you get in?" He perks up and flashes me a smile. He takes his hand off my back and sticks it into his pocket. My back feels bare where his hand used to be. "I know where you keep the spare key." He says, holding a key in his hand. Of course he does. He's Marshall Lee.

"So you're back for good this time?" "Oh yeah." He says, kissing my forehead. "And there's more where that came from." I laugh, and he kisses me again.