Chapter 31

Prince Gumball POV:

In the space of about one hour me and Marshall somehow managed to drag ourselves back to Fionna's treehouse. Marshall held my hand the whole way. He's still holding it now. "Fionna?" I call out. "Flame Prince, Cake!" Marshall practically screams out their names. I give him a look.

"What? They won't hear me otherwise." I smile and shake my head. "Guys you can come out now. It's ok!" I say, louder this time. I hear the sound of creaking floorboards and slow footsteps coming towards us. Then Fionna pops her head out from behind a corner. She's followed by Cake and then Flame Prince. "I told Gumball to stay but he wouldn't listen and-" Her eyes widen as she notices our various bruises and cuts. "What happened?" She asks, stepping forward and examining the large graze on my arm. Marshall shrugs.

"Let's just say that my mum isn't the kindest person in Aaa." He laughs like its no big deal. But I guess he doesn't want to worry then all by saying that his mum nearly killed us both.

"That was your mum?!" Flame Prince says. "She sounded pretty angry, you know, with all that screeching and stuff." "Well she's gone now. That's all that matters." I say. I turn to Marshall and see him staring at me.

"What?" I ask, but he just smiles. Then out of the blue, he clasps my face with his hands and kisses me on the cheek. I can feel my cheeks going red. I have no problem with Marshall kissing me, but not like his. Not in front of Fionna and Flame Prince and Cake. "Marshall..." I whisper, giving him a stern look. He pulls back and smirks. "Hey, have you got any apples?" He casually asks Fionna, like nothing just happened. "Uh, yeah, there's some in the kitchen. Flame Prince will show you." As soon as they go round the corner, Fionna looks at me and starts to giggle. I take it that my face is still a shade of crimson.

"So you two are good now?" She says to me. Cake steps closer but Fionna gives her a look.

"Ok, ok, fine." Says Cake, and turns and walks away. I clear my throat.

"Yeah. Yes. We're good." We're great, I think. We're awesome. But I don't say that to Fionna. "That's great! I'm so happy for you guys." She exclaims, hugging me. Yeah, I think, I'm happy for me too.