6. Bread

What?! BREAD?! This is getting harder everyday. I think I have an idea we'll try this. Again it's another Dan and Phil one :)

Dan was bored out of his mind in his London apartment. Just lying on his bed staring at the ceiling. His roommate and boyfriend Phil was in his room editing another annual Phil Is Not On Fire and couldn't be disturbed so Dan had absolutely nothing to do. He tried scrolling on Tumblr in the sofa crease but nothing on there was amusing him. He tried filming a video but he didn't look remotely bothered about it. He even tried eating, the one thing that always makes him happy and it still didn't work! So there he was staring at the ceiling with only his thoughts until he heard a noise coming from outside. For a moment he was confused about it but chose to ignore it as he slipped back into his thoughts. Then he heard it again and again and again. Sighing, he got up and followed his ears to the sound.

He quickly realised it was a bird making that noise he was hearing bit didn't understand why it was persistently coo-ing outside his apartment. Then Dan saw what was making the noise and it all made sense. Steven was on the balcony. The pigeon Phil fed once and kept coming back for more. It was obvious that he wanted his dinner, which usually Phil would serve but of course he was busy so it was up to Dan to feed Steve. "You stay there Steve while I find your seed" Dan said to the bird beyond the glass before going to try find the bird seed. As stated before, Phil usually fed their feathered friend so he would move the big bag of bird seed. Only thing is Dan didn't know where his boyfriend would move the bag too. Dan looked all over the apartment to no avail, he simple couldn't find it. All the while Steve was coo-ing even more.

The man thought for a moment. If he couldn't feed Steve seed then what else do pigeons eat? He thought back to all the times Phil and him would walk across the park as little children would feed the birds bread. The park pigeons seem to love the white slices so why not Steve? Dan grabbed a slice of bread from the kitchen and walked back over to the bird. "Listen buddy, I've got a treat for you today since Phil hid the seed so enjoy this!" Dan said to the pigeon then threw a piece of bread towards Steve. The bird pecked at it vigorously, just like the pigeons in the park which put a proud smile on Dan's face. For a while Dan just sat watching the pigeon peck at the bread when a familiar voice spoke behind him.

"You fed Steve! Thanks Danny." Phil said warmly and hugged his boyfriend.  "No worries Lion, I treated him to some bread today. That's okay right? I couldn't find the seeds so I settled for bread instead" Dan replied. "No wonder, we ran out yesterday!" Phil explained calmly. No wonder Dan couldn't find any. "Actually I need to go get some, wanna come?" Phil asked with a smile on his sweet face. Dan could never say no to that face and inevitably didn't want too. "Of course but can we feed the birds in the park on the way?" Dan gushed finding a new way for him to feel forfilled. "Sure now come on".

I admit, it's not my best work but it's fine. I'll be back tomorrow!

One-shot 6: 1st June 2022 (11:52pm)