52. Turf

Had to google this so this won't be the best.

(Aidan Gallagher fanfic)

The school higher archy. Popularity rules, its just the social rules of break and lunch times. Try to fight against it and get fought. Some have tried, all becoming outcasts in the aftermath. Places also get shared out with popularity. If a group with high status have picked a spot you wouldn't be wise to go anywhere near it. That is the case for Aidan Gallagher and his friends. His group are one of the most popular in school and their spot has always been the stairs up to the English block. Anyone who has ever tried to hang out there have been socially banished so everyone else has stopped trying. That was until year 11.

A new person joined the school in the same year as Aidan. Their name was Aims. Seemingly unthreatening but clueless about any if the social groups and their power. By the time lunch came he and his friends found the new student sitting on the steps, earphones in and scrolling through instagram. Just like any other time someone dared to take their place, Aidan's friends went on the attack. One boy pulled the earphones out of their ears and started yelling. "Who do you think you are? You're not welcome on these steps you emo looking bitch-"."Casey, back off." Aidan stopped the boy. In response the boy, presumably named Casey, walked back to behind Aidan. All his friends were confused at this but simply watched what he would do next. Aims didn't even flinch at what just happened, just looking up and listening. Smiling, Aidan simply sat next to them on the stairs. "You're new, aren't you, what's your name?" he asked calmly.

"It's Aims. Whats it to you?". "Aims...Aims you intrigue me, thats a new thing. What brings you to this school?" the boy inquired. Aims let out a light chuckle. "Why does that matter? Better yet, why should I tell you? I've known you for less then 30 seconds and your friend has tried to bother me. Don't even know your name." they said bluntly. They're a challenge, Aidan could already tell, but he likes a challenge. "Well, my name is Aidan. Look, I know you have no reason to trust me but I'm willing to earn that trust. Meet me here after your last lesson, I'll even buy you a McDonald's. You can anything you want there." Aidan propositioned. "How do you know I don't have plans?". "Well I could've asked for your number but I didn't want to be forward, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable." he responded, weirdly caring which shocked his friends. "Hmmm, okay, you're lucky I don't actually have plans. I'll take you up on your offer. See you after last lesson." they agreed. They then stood up and walked in the direction of the library for some peace and quiet.

"Okay, what was that?" Casey asked. "Don't ask questions, I know what I'm doing." he snapped back. Silence fell. "They're different, I could tell just by their reaction to you. I'm not sure why but they just felt special. No one else had made me feel that before." Aidan opened up. Everyone else sat down on the steps and tried to go back to normal. Another boy from the group, Mace, started to talk to Aidan. "Mate, even if no one else in this group understands or even if you don't understand just know I do.". "What do you mean?" Aidan puzzled. "They felt special right?"
"Very special."
"And no one else has felt that special to you?"
"No one at all"
"Remember what I said about Kat?"

Truthfully, Aidan didn't remember. Kat is Mace's girlfriend, they've been dating since year 10 but Mace liked her for months before they got together. "Aidan." Mace said calmly. He simply looked up. "I told you Kat is different, that she felt special...Aidan you like the new Aims person". "No!...I don't know". Aidan was in disbelief but what Mace was saying did make sense. He never even buys McDonald's for his friends yet he so easily and quickly offered to do that for someone he just met. Mace was right. Though Aidan didn't want to believe it, he knew he was right and he had to deal with that.

Right, okay.

One-shot 52: 7th January 2024 (2:51 am)