10. Rich

Right, sorry this has been left on a cliff hanger for over a week. I was met with a traumatic death of someone who I loved dearly so I needed time. I think I'm ready to finish the 2 parter now. Enjoy my friends!

1992. Take That, the band Mark joined 2 years prior, set out on a massive world tour of their debute album 'Take That and Party' while also writing their 2nd album. Well Gary was writing it which made Mark creatively frustrated. He couldn't let out that frustration though, not when the band was riding high on a fame wave. That being said, the band didn't have a number 1 chart entry....yet.

On the last leg of the tour Mark, Robbie, Howard, Gary and Jason released 'Pray'. The first single of their second album. It reached number 1 immediately after it's release and only made them bigger then they already was, that and much richer.

"Babe! Oh my god, well done." Bonnie exclaimed, hugging their boyfriend. "Thanks, I can't believe it! Me and the lads are super happy." Mark replied. The two shared a kiss before Mark spoke again. "That's not even the best bit darling." he started, smiling before showing his lover a property he had just bought. "Wait, really? Babe! It looks so....expensive, do we even have enough for that?" Bonnie questioned. They always had to check since they were always use to not being able to afford anything. It would take a while to get use to being well off now. "Of course we do, Take That's doing so well and making us so much! We can finally have a place to ourselves, no mothers and no noisy traffic outside the bedroom windows." Mark exclaimed while holding Bonnie's hands, looking deep into their eyes. Bonnie laughed slightly then kissed Mark again.

The moment was promptly ruined when their was a knock in their hotel room door. "Who is it?" Mark asked to the knocker. "It's Gaz! Can I come in?" Gary said from behind the door. Both Mark and Bonnie signed before opening the door to the man. "Cheers mate- oh hi Bonnie" Gary said, some what dissatisfied with Bonnie's presence. "Hi, I'm guessing you want Mark to do studio work right?" Bonnie assumed, sitting on the edge of the hotel bed. "Yeah, sorry. I need a few vocals for a track. Shouldn't take long Markie!" the man reassured then the two of them left the room.

That was the only downfall of all this fame Bonnie's boyfriend had gained. The two rarely had time to be a couple anymore. Actually they rarely had time to even see each other! They understood that the band needed to do press runs and promotion for evey little thing to please the inpatient fans but it didn't stop Bonnie missing Mark. They had always been with each other all the time since school and neither of them were use to so much time apart. Not to mention the fact that the whole world thought Mark was single. That was the management's idea to make the band more appealing. Did the couple like the idea? No. Did it work though? Yeah. A little too well for Bonnie's liking. Since Mark was supposedly single fans didn't think twice trying to kiss him and grab him all over. It was Bonnie's job to do that not random 14 year olds!

Bonnie was hidden from the world. A little secret every one was hiding. It felt like school all over again. Always hidden from everyone, if they wasn't there was trouble. Trouble Bonnie couldn't deal with then and now. Sure, Mark supported them every step of the Take That fame journey but it was still hard being a dirty little secret that could make or break the band's career. Maybe it was possible that the fans would be okay that Mark was dating them but everyone heavily doubted that probability. Even Bonnie doubted it. I guess it was what the couple signed up for though, a life a riches and secrecy.

How was that? I tried but I kinda forgot the plot I designed for it when I wrote the plot for the 2 parter but anyway. See you all soon!

One-shot 10: 15th June 2022 (10:08 pm)