48. Cold

Here we go again

(A Dan and Phil fanfic)

Dan's POV:

I've known Phil now for nearly 15 years now and I know one big thing about him. He's a hard worker, it's one of the things I love about him. Whenever him or both of us have a commitment we need to do he goes in hard on it. Working day and night to make the best possible thing. I personally think it drives him. It gives him something to do I guess and for the most point I accept that. Until he makes himself sick from it. Now, with my youtube upload schedule, I post whenever the fuck I want and my subscribers get that and since me and Phil have mostly the same fans his subscribers would understand too. However, Phil feels like he owes it to them to post every single week without fail even if it hurts him. Sometimes even more. It came to a point a few weeks ago where I had to intervene.

Phil got a cold, a common thing to get in England and nothing to worry about. All you need is rest and it should past. As you could guess, Phil didn't rest at all. He had to deliver to his fans so he kept working hard filming videos, editing, thumbnail creating, responding to emails. It never ended! When I finally talked to him on a Friday, he was trying to film another video for the week. By that point because he didn't take care of himself, he couldn't finish a sentence without sneezing. I heard him from my room starting and stopping his camera to try again and I knew he had pushed himself too far. I had stop this madness and make him put himself first for once.

Walking down to Phil's room I could hear his coughs echoing. As I opened the bedroom door I saw him bury his nose its a tissue, he was paler then usual and sickly. It broke my heart to see him like that. "Phil." I said softly to get his attention. "Huh?" Oh hi Dan, I was just trying to film a vid-achoo!" he managed to answer before sneezing into his tissues. Giving him a warm smile, I walked over and sat next to him on his green and blue checkered bedsheets. My head resting on his shoulder I continued, "It sounds like your cold is getting worse.". "I'll be okay, I just need to make sure I have a video up this week.". "Phil, no one would blame you if you took time off to focus on getting better.".

The black haired man shook his head. "No, I have a schedule to up hold. I can't let them down.". I looked up to him and held his hand, "Lion, you need time off. You're working yourself too hard. I admire your dedication but please let me take care of you for once!". Phil sighed. "You're right. Okay, I'll take some time off and rest. Thanks bear, I don't know what I'd do without you." he gave in and kissed my hand. "Good. Now, you put on some comfy clothes and get to bed. I'll go make you some soup, it might help with your cold." I replied, getting up from the bed. "Thank you-achoo!". "Yeah, I'll be quick with that soup.".

I can see this

One-shot 48: 19th June 2023 (12:15 pm)