45. Lost

Continuation of 'Boot' (number 42).

(A Sam and Colby fanfic)

Colby's POV:

What the fuck have I done. Corey is right, I've took this prank war too far. I ran back down the stairs to where Corey and now Aaron was. "Bro his room is empty, the only things left are his bed and his empty wardrobe!". "Shit man, you need to call him!" Corey demanded. Taking my phone out of my pocket, I quickly dialled Sam's number. It went straight to answer machine but not the missed call answer machine. On the phone line it said, "Sorry, you can't call this number as you have been blocked. Please try again later." then promptly ended. "He's blocked me?" I questioned. "Wait what? Nah he can't have, you've been friends since high school. It has to be a glitch, try again!" Aaron reasoned. 3 times I tried in a row, same thing everytime. "Whats everyone freaking out about?" Jake quizzed, coming down the stairs. "Sam's walked out! Even his room is fucking empty and now he'd blocked Colby." Corey shouted, clearly a bit overwhelmed. "Holy shit! Is it because of Colby's prank?" Jake asked. The 3 of them shrugged. "I say we leave him be and go to bed, hopefully he'll come to his senses tomorrow." Corey reasoned. All of them agreed and headed to bed.

Sam's POV:

I arrived at Kat's apartment around 10 minutes after slamming the door. Before leaving, I temporarily blocked Colby, Corey and Aaron so my plan couldn't be ruined by a 'it was just a prank' message. The only person from the trap house I didn't block was Jake since I knew I could get him in on this and knew he would tell them the plan. This is the second part of my plan. I'm gonna get Jake to get everyone out of the house tomorrow then I'll comeback, put all my stuff back in my room and wait for them to comeback. For now me and Katrina are relaxing, waiting until tomorrow which came quickly.
Waking up next to my girlfriend, I reached for my phone to check if I had gotten any messages from Jake and I did. He'd sorted everything for me to get back into the house. Encouraging the 3 of them to go to the gym together while Jake stayed to look after the dogs. They didn't see anything wrong with that and Jake told me to get back at 9 am. It was 8 am so I had a bit of time before I had to go. Made breakfast for me and Kat, drove her to work and even left her a gift before I left to go back to the trap house.

Sending Jake a quick message before pulling up to make sure they were gone, I was given the all clear and grabbed the bags I had in my car to put back in my room. "Brother! You're a fucking genius" Jake laughed out. "Thanks man, now let's quickly get this done before they get back!". It took us a little over an hour to put everything back how it was. Luckily my room is only small or else it would of took longer. "Have they said when they'll be back?" I asked after we finished. "They said they'd be back by half 10 so in 30 mins."."Sound good, thanks for the help." I said while holding my camera up. Of course I filmed the whole progress, content is content. The only thing left to do was wait. Laying on my bed, on my phone was when I heard the front door open. Quickly, I went to hide in my closet to scare them. Time to finish this.

Colby's POV:

After a couple hours at the gym me, Corey and Aaron got back home. I was ready to have a shower so I ran upstairs to grab a towel and to let Jake know we're home. That's when I saw Sam's bedroom door slightly open and his light on. There was no doubt in my mind that I didn't leave it like that last night when I went to check if he was there. Showering was the least on my mind when I went to look in. Weirdly enough everything was there in his room again, his pictures are back on the wall and everything. As I went to check if his clothes were back in the wardrobe I got a heart attack. "YOOOOO, YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD PRANK ME?" Sam shouted as he jumped out of his closet. Everything made sense then, he knew I was pranking him and decided to prank me on top of it. Honestly I couldn't care less at that point, the whole night I was terrified I had lost my best friend. "Sam! Holy shit dude!" I said breathy and hugged him. "I was so scared you were actually not my friend anymore!". "Colby you know that will never happen, its Sam and Colby vs the world!" he laughed. "In saying that....YOU JUST LOST THE PRANK WAR!!!!". Sam then held his camera up and I laughed out too. We filmed the outro and hung out for the rest of the day, its good to have my best friend back.

Damn, I am enjoying my little   part 2s

One-shot 45: 5th May 2023 (4:40 pm)