38. Oil

Oil? OIL?! Oh god.

(A Gerard Way fanfic)

Aims's POV:

Today was quite a day! A bad day at that. Well at least most of it was. I was having a pleasant day actually until my low life brother rang me for money. Usually I wouldn't mind but ever since we found out he was using it to buy drugs instead of what he said he wanted it for I've stopped giving in. Me and him had a 30 minute argument over the phone before a hung up and was stressed about it for the rest of the day. Gerard was at a band meeting for most of the day so I was left to calm down by myself.

I think I tried everything! Reading, listening to music, watching my favourite show and nothing was working. While trying to calm down by frying some bacon I thought a bath might help which lead me to the bathroom to have a relaxing soak. It was working like a treat, I lit some scented candles and threw in a few bath bombs for extra effect. Finally I was calm, nothing on my mind. Eventually I fell asleep in there but came too very quickly when I heard Gerard yelling. "Babe?! Where are you?!" he yelled. Quickly I hopped out the bath and put some clothes on, assuming he was just making sure I was sleeping or something. God, how I was wrong.

"Aims! Please say something, anything!" Gerard shouted in a panicked voice. "I was in the bath babe, what's wrong?" I responded calmly. I heard him run up the stairs, unusual to say the least. When he got to me he put his hands on my shoulders and caught his breath. "Gee what's going on, why are you panicking so much?" I inquired. "Fire! There's a fire in the kitchen and its spreading fast we have to get out of here! Grab the kids while I call the fire department quickly!" He rushed out, panicking me in the process. The mothers adrenaline kicked in at that point and I ran over first to the closest kids bedroom, Vanelope our daughter. Both are kids were meant to be sleeping but when I opened Vanelope's door she was awake, crying in the corner. "Come here darling quickly, everything is gonna be okay." I said while she ran over to me and grabbed my hand.

We then ran over to my son's room, Mark. He's only 2 so I knew he'd be sleeping. Yanking the door open I picked up Mark, with his blanket in hand and proceeded to run out the house. There was one problem though. Gerard was no where to be seen. "Gerard! Get out of there please!" I start screaming, I can't let him die in there. "Gee please! I need you, come out!" I continue. He wasn't responding. At that I fell to my knees, tears streaking my cheeks. I felt Vanelope's arms wrap around me as I clenched Mark tighter in my arms. Have I just lost my husband? The one I love with all my heart, gone so quickly. "Aims, its okay." I hear a familiar voice say. "Gee!" I cry out and wrap my free arm around him. "If I responded I would've inhaled more smoke love, I'm here now" he reassured.

We stayed at a hotel that night a little ways out of LA. The fire department deemed it unsafe to go in for 24 hours while they did checks in the morning for carbon monoxide poisoning. They said it was caused by a fault with our grills on top of the oven. Something about how oil seeped into its mainframe which sparked the fire. I didn't say this to Gee but before I went into the bath I was cooking bacon on it, now I'm not a 100% sure but maybe some of the oil from the pan spit into the mainframe. Meaning I could of caused it. Gerard wouldn't want me to dwell on the what ifs though. Honestly I just want to forget today ever happened.

The drama of it all!

One-shot 38: 12th March 2023 (8:03 pm)