7. Fish

I've made the decision to not make daily one-shots but by the end of the year there will be 100 one-shots in this book. That is my pledge! With that I'm making another one about me and Mark Owen.

It had been 10 years since Mark and I confessed our feelings for each other at the school dance that changed our lives. 19 and 20 year old Bonnie and Mark would never have guessed that 29 and 30 year old them would have 2 adorable children and live over seas in LA but that is what their future had in store for them.

Almost immediately after me and Mark started our romance together his band, Take That, got their first number 1 in the UK charts and they were catapulted into stardom. Mark took me all across the world with him as Take That toured to their adoring fans but 5 years into their fame it was all cut short. Partly because of me. In the middle of the Nobody Else Tour in 1995 I found out that I was pregnant with mine and Mark's first child, Ellie. Obviously we were really excited but Mark's management was the complete opposite. The band's manager, Nigel Martin Smith, made Mark pick between  Take That fame or Parenthood. The whole band stood up to their dictating manger and they all made the bold decision to break up Britain's biggest band since the Beatles.

Since then we made the move to Los Angeles so our kids Ellie and later Elwood would have the best opportunities in life. That and it was much more quieter then the blinding spotlight of our home land. We both agreed the life of hiding from paparazzi and press was no life to subject our kids too. It has been 10 years since Take That broke up and Mark has been getting phone calls from greedy record labels wanting to release a huge greatest hits album and an all inclusive documentary of life in the band. I reassured him that I think our kids are ready to find out what their dad was hiding from. After all Ellie is 5 and Elwood 10. They are old enough to understand fame. Mark agreed so after a few meetings with his old friends and film crews it seemed the Thatters were in for a treat.

Since Take That were mainly popular in the UK our family was advised to temporarily move back to our roots for easier access for press tours and more fame stuff I never understood. "How about a rural lake house near the Lake District babe?" Mark asked me as we were picking our temporary accommodation. "That would be beautiful Mark! We should go for it" I encouraged my boyfriend with surprising enthusiasm. We were taken out of our property hunt by a youthful voice. "Mummy where are we going?" Elwood quizzed with a rather puzzled look on his face. I put a hand on my son's shoulder and softly smile. "You're going to find out what daddy was before you and your sister were born." I declared to my young son. His eyes lit up in child like wonder as he marvelled with thoughts of what cool thing his dad was. "Oh wait, babe we need to do something we haven't done since we started dating!" Mark suddenly spurted out of no where. "Something we haven't done for 15 years? What might that be?" I asked my lover, slowly melting in his grace. How am I lucky enough to be loved by the most perfect guy with the perfect lips, eyes and everything! I was quickly brought out of my daze by Mark's reply. "Let's see if you remember, where did we go on our first date?" Mark quizzed as if I could possibly possibly forget. "Our first date? It was the most British date I've ever been on, we went to a Fish and Chip shop!" I exclaimed at the fond memory. "We have to recreate it! We're in the same town and everything." Mark pointed out like he was some sort of detetective.

And of course we did. My parents wanted an excuse to meet Ellie and Elwood anyway so we let them stay and their house while we walked down, hand in hand to the same exact Fish and Chip shop 19 and 20 year old Mark and Bonnie went all those years ago! I was shocked it was even still going since 1992. Now in 2006 it was still like it was previous. The scent of grease waffed through the air as me and Mark talked over a round metal table. It was perfect. We both ordered the large fish and chips off the menu just like years prior. Mark lifted his fish with his fork and stated "I propose a haddock toast to you darling for loving me all these years". "Awww babe! I'll second that toast haha" I giggled as we clinked out battered fishes together. "Speaking of which!" Mark started, reaching down into his pocket. I was confused of course until my lover dropped the big question. "My dear Bonnie, in front of the fish that consummated our relationship, will you marry me?" He declared, smiling up at me almost knowing my answer. "Mark I- yes of course! Of course I'll marry you!". And that is how my high-school sweetheart fantasies came true.

Yes I got carried away but I fricking loved this!!!

One-shot 7: 5th June 2022 (11:28 pm)