37. Candy

Hello hello hello

(A Gerard Way Fanfic)

Gerard's POV:

Yes, I'm in a rock band. Yes, I'm famous. However, that doesn't stop me from being a family man and helping out with things in the household. That hasn't been more true since my wife, Aims, became pregnant with our second child. I have more responsibility now because I want nothing more then Aims to relax and not to over push themselves. Today I had to do something I haven't done since My Chem got big, mainly because I couldn't. I needed to do the shopping. Aims assured me that it's never too packed at our local shop so I won't get mobbed but they also said and I quote: "Oh yeah, Vanelope stole my big bar of chocolate earlier so don't let her have any sweets today but buy me another please.".

Now my wife's British so I know sweets mean candy. No candy for Vanelope, our daughter. Yet they wanted me to go down the candy isle with our daughter to get them another. I already knew I had my work cut out with her. Regardless I kissed my wife goodbye, clipped Vanelope into her carseat and drove off. It was going pretty good upon arrival. My daughter was behaving good, holding onto the side of the cart and reminding me to get the milk. That was until we went into the candy isle. I planned to make this quick so I walked faster, picked up 2 big chocolate bars for my wife because I know when they have pregnancy cravings they get them big. Then I tried to leave it fast until my daughter picked up a packet of some fizzy laces. "No Vanelope, mom said no candy for you." I said calmly. "I want laces! Secret from mummy." she retorted in the few words she could say, she's 3 so it's normal for her. "No no, we're not keeping secrets from your mom now come on we have more groceries to get." I urged my daughter. "No! Laces!" she then shouted, stomping her feet and clutching the packet in her hands. At this point the few people in the store were staring. "Vanelope please don't do this, we can get McDonald's on the way home if you put them down." I basically pleaded, I didn't want people staring. "Laces dada! I want laces!". "You can have laces another day, don't make me call your mom.".

Yes, I played the mom card. I didn't know what else to do. Then the tears started. "Oh Vanelope, please don't do this!" I whispered so the other people didn't hear. What could I do now? What would Aims do? When Vanelope did this with Aims they would pick her up and take her from the isle. That's exactly what I did. Picking her up she screamed right in my ear which hurt but I ignored it and went straight to the checkout, I can get the other things when she goes to school and got out of there! Admittedly I had to run to my car with Vanelope in my arms as fans chased us. Honestly I was thankful to get home.

Short and sweet

One-shot 37: 20th February 2023 (6:00 pm)