19

I've changed the story cover, do ya'll like it?

"Senku! " Taiju yelled, running to him. "Answer me! Answer me! Senku! " he cried.

Yuzuriha had pulled Shizuko to her lap, crying.

Taiju gasped as he saw the unconscious Shizuko, "what happened to Shizuko?! "

"Tsukasa-kun knocked her out too hard... " Yuzuriha said.

"No! This is wrong, it can't be! " Taiju exclaimed. "You can't die here, Senku! Wake up, Shizuko! There's no way! "

"He didn't suffer, I suggest that, as his friends, you give him a proper farewell. " Tsukasa said. "Shizuko the other hand, I don't know when she will wake up. "

Taiju was irritated.

Tsukasa gasped as he turn around, thinking that something was wrong. 'So long as Yuzuriha could be used as a hostage, Taiju would never attack me. That was the power dynamic. ' he thought. 'But, Taiju, if Senku's death and Shizuko's unconsciousness were to enrage you, and drive you to attack me mindlessly, I'd have to kill you too. Please don't lose your head. '

Taiju gently put Senku and Shizuko's bodies down, then lifted a heavy stone.

Tsukasa was getting ready for his spear, ready to fight him.

Yuzuriha gasped. "Taiju-kun! "

"Don't worry, Yuzuriha. I'm calm," he said.

'It seems I have no choice but to fight him. ' Tsukasa thought.

"Sorry, Yuzuriha. If it comes to it... "

"It's okay, Taiju-kun. The four of us made a promise. I'm sure it'll work out. " Yuzuriha said. "It has to. "

"Yeah, thank you, Yuzuriha! " Taiju smiled.

Taiju lifted the heavy stone from his hands, and throw it in the air. Tsukasa shocked.

'The boulder is a decoy. Taiju, I can see you. No matter what you do, you've lost. ' Tsukasa thought.

'Tsukasa is wary of me. ' Taiju thought. 'He wouldn't dare take his eyes off me. But that's when I have my chance! '

'Tsukasa-kun's instincts would tell him that Taiju-kun would protect me. ' Yuzuriha thought as she run to take the gunpowder. 'I think he's right, in this stone world. ' she grabbed the pot of gunpowder. 'But like Senku-kun said, "science levels the playing field for everyone!" ' she then throws it straight at Tsukasa.

A force of habit, Tsukasa kicked the pot, causing the gunpowder to spread.

'It's black powder. ' Tsukasa thought.

'Senku-kun left us with science to remember him by. '

'The four of us made a promise to fight together. ' Taiju thought. 'Yuzuriha, Senku, Shizuko and I... Fight alongside each other in this battle! '

"Goodbye, Tsukasa! "

The rock landed on the gunpowder spreading on the ground, causing a huge explosion.

Taiju carried Senku on bridal style, Shizuko at the back. Yuzuriha helped carried their things. The ghosts followed behind.

"That's right, Senku. You said it yourself! " Taiju exclaimed. "If we need to run, we're running together! I don't care what anyone says. I know you aren't dead! " he cried. "You wouldn't die while you still have the goal of restarting civilization from scratch! "

The sky started raining. Taiju and Yuzuriha had brought Senku's and Shizuko's bodies under a big tree. Yuzuriha put Shizuko's body leaning beside the tree.