29

Shizuko yawned as she walked back to the shed, then she notice Senku was still sitting on top of it. "What are you doing up there, Senku?" she asked as she climbed up.

"Mhm?" Senku turned his head to her. "I'm just looking at the stars."

"It's late, you should- *yawn* get some rest." Shizuko rubbed her eyes.

Senku chuckled as he ruffled her hair. "Look who's the sleepy one." he took her hand and led her into the shed.

"What about Gen?" Shizuko asked. "Is he going sleep inside with us?"

Senku shrugged. "It's up to him."

"Ah~I will find a place to stay since your friends are still wary of me." Gen smiled. "Don’t worry~"

-----

"My job is to confirm that you're dead and Shizuko-chan's body is never found. 'Tsukasa, Senku, and Shizuko are alive.' With that, you two would be done. That was the plan." said Gen. "But if you complete your iron weapons, there's no telling who will win."

"Finally!" Chrome exclaimed as he raised the iron to the sky.

[Acquired iron!!]

"Here we go!"

"I only found a primitive settlement. Senku is dead and Shizuko's body is never found. That simple false report would spare you." Gen said.

"I'd really appreciate it if you would do that," Senku said.

"I don't have any policy at all. I'm the world's most shallow man. If I can live happily with cute chicks, that's all I need. Whether you die or Tsukasa dies doesn't matter to me. I'm going to win, no matter who I have to dispose of." Gen smiled evilly. "I can't decide if it'll be better for me if I let the kingdom of science or the Tsukasa Empire win. That's all I have any interest in," he said. "On this side, there's plenty of sweet science stuff and ramen and all that, but the work is hellish. Meanwhile, Tsukasa-chan's empire has no science, and the meals are simple, but the work's easy. And if I revive idols and stuff, I'll be living the dream harem life."

"What's a harem?" Suika asked as she walked to Gen.

"Sorry, children don't need to know yet." Gen smiled sheepishly.

"It's a bad word, Suika. Don't learn it." Shizuko said as she patted Suika's head.

"I think ramen's better for sure." Suika said.

"Ramen is nice, but not on hot days like this," Gen said. "At the end of the day, I'd side with Tsukasa-chan."

"Asagiri Gen, was it?" Kohaku asked as she walked towards him. "Superficial, selfish men like you are best dead or imprisoned." She pulled out her knives.

"So scary!" Gen exclaimed.

"No, if we don't let him go back, Tsukasa will come here himself, and we'll be screwed," Senku said. "Kukuku, relax. Once you see what we make with our beautiful new iron, you'll ten billion percent want to join the kingdom of science." he then climbed up the shed.

"Oh? What's that?" Gen asked. "Are you making swords or something?"

"A generator," Senku said bluntly.

"A generator?! Are you for real?! That's totally not happening!" Gen exclaimed, then he turns to Shizuko. "Why are you not surprised?!"

"Why do I need to be surprised about that?" Shizuko asked as she shrugged. "I've seen him build other besides a generator before 3700 years ago." then went up to the shed.

"Hey, you have native copper," Senku said.

"It's pretty. I don't want to break it," said Chrome.

"What are we going to do with the native copper?" Shizuko asked.