30

"Jeez, the golden spear's in pieces." Ginro glanced at the crumbled spear.

"Sorry, but you'll have to forgive me, Kinro." Kohaku apologized. "It was an emergency."

"I'm sure Senku will make you another one." Suika cheered him up.

"Hey, where'd your spear go?" Ginro started to tease. "It's gone, eh? The golden spear that you had made for you and never let me borrow. Huh?"

The next moment, Ginro was down with a lot of punches on his head.

Suika watched him sweatdropped.

"Senku, Shizuko, we may have failed to make magnets," Kohaku exclaimed.

Senku and Shizuko gasped as they turned back at Kohaku.

"They won't go near each other, let alone stick!" Kohaku tried to stick the magnets. "They're being repelled by some mysterious force."

"You have the poles backwards." Shizuko took the magnets from Kohaku. Then Senku took one of the magnets and turn it backwards.

[Acquired powerful magnets!!]

"They're so strong!" Suika exclaimed.

"Now we can make that crazy 'electricity' thing, right?" Chrome questioned. Shizuko just shrugged.

"But Senku-chan, are you making a thermal generator? Wind turbines?" Gen asked. "Don’t tell me you're making a nuclear reactor."

Senku turned his head to Gen while using his pinky finger to pick his ear. "Muscle-powered generator."

"Of course. I should have known..."

Shizuko snickered beside him.

-----

"Whack the hell out of the copper sheet and file it down into a disk," said Senku.

"Check it out! I'm going to file it down with corundum that tough rock I showed you before!" Chrome exclaimed as he held the white colour rock.

"The second-strongest mineral after diamond," Senku said. "I like your collection, Chrome."

Kohaku started spinning the disk to make it flat, with the help of Suika.

"I thought of coating the copper wire with phosphoric acid, but lathering it in lacquer works, too," Senku said.

"So, Senku-chan... I've been wondering when I should bring this up..."

"What?"

"What have you turned into Anpanman?" Gen asked.

"Huh?" Shizuko heard the two conversations and walked up in their direction. She gasped as saw Senku's puffed face. "Senku!"

Senku turned his head to Shizuko.

"I told you to leave the lacquer work to me!" Shizuko crossed her arms as she glared at him.

"Hehe, my bad." 

"What's wrong with his face?" Gen asked.

"Lacquer rash." Shizuko huffed. "Stay here and don't move, I'm going to pick up some meds for you." she then turns back to the shed to find some plant medicine.

"She sure is a caring person when it comes to you, Senku-chan." Gen he looked at Shizuko, who went back to the shed.

"Kukuku, she has always been like that since we were kids." Senku chuckled.

[FLASHBACK]
When they were 13, Shizuko found out Senku was allergic to lacquer when she was helping him with the experiment.

"Hey Senku, what's the next-" she asked as she slowly looked back at him. "Senku! Your face!" she gasped and put down the apparatus on her hands slowly, don't want to break it.