21

Her clothes I had to draw before I forgot to post.

-----

-----

And so, they separated and start their new journey. Taiju and Yuzuriha go to Tsukasa's Empire being spies as Senku and Shizuko find the mysterious people.

A loud sound of a tree tumbling down could be heard from the hill. Senku and Shizuko run down the hill to check.

They gasped as they saw a young girl with blond hair and blue eyes trapped down the tree.

"You're the sorcerer woman who protects him! " The blond girl said as she looked at Shizuko. "You're alive! "

The two of them checked and observed the situation.

"Stop talking. " Senku said. "You can introduce yourself all you want later. " he plugged the stick under the tree and tried to move it, but it was not available. "Don't waste your energy. "

Shizuko checked her body. "Are you okay? Can you hold out until evening?"

The blond girl didn't say anything, she just stared at them.

"If you're at your limit, I'll take a gamble and blow it up with the little gunpowder I have left. " Senku said. "But if you can hold on, it'll take forever, but we'll save you, ten billion percent! " he started raising his voice. "You're the only one who can make the decision! Decide right now! Which is it?! "

"Stop yelling. " Shizuko sighed as she pinched her nose bridge.

The blond girl widen her eyes and answered him. "Yeah, my organs and bones are all fine. I can hold on. "

Senku smirked.

"All right! Let's get to work before the sun goes down! " Shizuko said.

-----

In the evening, Senku and Shizuko had made half of the process.

Senku started to chop down the tree into three and then pour some gunpowder in it, making them could see a hole. Shizuko started putting the dirt into the bamboo and stuck it in the wheel-like Senku had made. Senku then knit a long rope and used soap to make it slippery. He then pulled the rope on the fallen tree as he tied the wheel up, testing if it can pull.

"What's this? " the blond girl asked.

"This is science. It was invented by old man Archimedes a few hundred years BC. " Senku said. "It converts the measly strength of a high school kid into Herculean might. It's called a pulley! "

"Okay, less talking more pulling! " Shizuko exclaimed as she climbed up with him. "She probably doesn't know what are you saying anyway," she muttered.

"Ready? " Senku hold Shizuko's hands and jumped down the tree while he holding the rope.

"You didn't even count. " Shizuko sighed.

Their weights make the wheels move, the fallen tree was lifted.

"Amazing. " The blond girl said.

"Huh? " Shizuko and Senku turned their head at her.

"No, I'm not talking about that Archi-whoever's wisdom. I'm talking about your unwavering diligence in forcing yourself through every step until you solve a problem. " she continued. "My name is Kohaku, it seems I've taken quite a liking to you two. "

"I don't like what I just heard. " Senku said as Kohaku started to redo her hair. "We just met, and she's already in love with us? In this state of emergency? "

"Ano... I don't think I'm the right person to fall in love with. " Shizuko smiled awkwardly as she waved her hand.

"I didn't say anything about that! " Kohaku exclaimed. "I'm saying I like you two as a person, so I'll cooperate with you guys! "

"Oh, I appreciate that, then. Nothing is as illogical or trouble-prone as relationships." Senku said.

"Mhm! Same as me. " Shizuko said, putting her hands on her waist.

"What is your name? " Kohaku asked.

"Shizuko. This is Senku. " Shizuko said as she pointed her thumb at Senku. "Nice to meet you. "

"Alright, let's camp here tonight, then we'll continue tomorrow. " Senku said.

-----

At night, Senku and Shizuko already pull out their sleeping bags and started to sleep. Senku looked over at Shizuko to check if she was asleep but noticed Kohaku holding her knives while sleeping.

"What are you, a new species of human that sleeps while clutching knives? " Senku asked.

"It's because you started talking about relationships. " Kohaku said. "I like the way you live, but I don't trust you yet. I take care of myself, and this habit is a result of that. Don't take it personally. "

"I'm not enough of a hero to assault a lioness willy-nilly. Hurry up and get some sleep. " Senku said.

"Lioness?! " Kohaku exclaimed. "I have feelings too, you know! "

"It's a Senku thing, don't sweat it. " Shizuko lifted her head and turned to her.

"Eh? You haven't been asleep? " Kohaku asked.

"Nope. Insomnia. " Shizuko shrugged. Her sleep schedule was kind of a mess before and after the petrification, so she doesn't have the time to fix it.

Senku suddenly pushed Shizuko down and laid his head on top of her stomach. "Then lay down you damn Raven. Close your eyes and sleep! "

"Ack! " Shizuko struggled to get out from him. "Get off me! "

"Nope! "

"You two acted like lovers. " Kohaku raised her eyebrows. "Are you two in a relationship?"

"Nah, as we said feelings are illogical for us. We are similar to siblings, but with a different family." Shizuko said. "And get your head off of me! "

"Lay down then! "

"You live like a gentleman, but your foul mouth is of another dimension. " Kohaku said. "I think I might accidentally kill you someday. "

"Then go to sleep before you cause any accidents. I don't want to get killed twice on the same day. " Senku said.

Shizuko gave up and lay down.

"You're fighting against that long-haired man, aren't you? " Kohaku asked. "I'll help you," she said. "I can't just back down, either. "

"Yeah. That's why we're making a nation of science. First of all, we need manpower. " Senku said as he removed his head away from Shizuko to his previous position.

"So you want allies. " Kohaku said. "Then why don't you guys come with me? "

"You have more of your lion buddies, huh? "

"Yeah. I'm sure they'll be dependable allies. I know a man who'd be perfect." Kohaku said. "Allow me to guide you, Senku, Shizuko. Come with me. "