41

They went back to the lab and make more cure-all sulfa drugs.

Surprisingly that Ruri made it to 18 was the hot spring water Kohaku brought back everyday ended up protecting Ruri after all. Staying clean and keeping warm slows the disease's process.

"Shizuko had been helping Kohaku to look after Ruri." Chrome pointed out as he watched Kohaku ran fourth and back with the sulfa drug.

"Aah, that Raven used to take care of her mother before the petrification." Senku said.

"Oh? Her mother was sick?" Chrome asked.

"It's complicated. Ask her yourself."

Days after days until Ruri was healed.

Everyone cried with how happy they are.

"I don't know how many years it's been... Since Ieft the village! Since I ran!" Ruri started running.

"Woah! She ran so fast like Kohaku!" Shizuko shocked.

"Did Kohaku-chan's tomboyishness run in the family?!" Kaseki exclaimed.

Kokuyo grabbed Senku's hand and grabbed everyone's attention. "Everyone! This man, Senku, from this day, is Ishigami village's new chief!" He announced.

"Ishigami... Village?" Senku muttered.

"I didn't hear it wrong, right?" Shizuko looked at him.

"That's right, Senku, Shizuko." Ruri said. "I've known you two from the ancient past. Your name is... Ishigami Senku and Kurosawa Shizuko."

-----

"Aah, thanks to you, I finally got it. If everyone on earth was petrified, who created this village in the first place? No matter how I looked at you, you've all got foreign blood mixed in. Why? We know all the answers now."

"It's been years since I heard my full name." Shizuko smiled.

"Uh, I'm sorry. But I don't know a single thing." Kohaku said.

"Yeah, there's no way it's a coincidence you have the village's name. And Ruri said she knew you two?" Chrome asked.

"Kukuku, I'm sure I've popped up in the Priestess's legends. For Raven's case it's probably stuck in some tales of yours."

"Yes." Ruri nodded her head.

"Her legends? Like the one with the gorilla and momotato?" Chrome asked.

"No wonder you know of folkstales and beasts you've never seen." Senku said.

"Yeah, we've heard a lot from Ruri-nee." Kohaku said. "The Priestess's hundreds tales impart the wisdom of the ancient."

"The hundredth of the Hundred Tales. It's name is... Ishigami Senku."

Senku glanced at the star on the wood with a smile.

Ruri tells the Tales of Senku as a kid and helps his father, Byakuya, of his journey to reach the moon.

Byakuya was about to go into the rocket ship, and caught a glimpse of the reporter, he snatched the microphone from her and announced to his son.

"Senku, I'm talking to you! You're probably not even watching this, but still! I'm going to bring you home a mountain of scientific souvenirs. Just you wait! Shizuko-chan, if you're hearing this too, please help me take care of him!"

"Ugh, no noisy." Senku smirked.

"Oh come on Senku, Byakuya-san finally get to go to space now." Shizuko watched the live from Senku's phone.