seven

trust me i got as excited as you guys 😭

William's POV

My neck slowly turned in her direction, revealing my bloody neck and the silhouette of my nose.

My American accent suddenly stopped, as it suddenly switched to a voice she never thought she'd hear again.

"Dave, Miller." I spoke slowly, staring into her eyes.

I hadn't gotten a full glimpse of her before this moment. And now that I'm here looking at her, I just think about how beautiful she is.

She looks like a mess of course, like she hadn't been taking care of herself, like she's been through it all.

Oh how I've missed her dear voice. Her dear touch. How I've missed her in general. I never thought I'd see her sweet face again.

It's been five years. And I feel horrible.

I myself feel like I want to cry, but I can't. Not right now, at least. I don't want to jump to that vulnerable stuff quickly again.

She quickly dropped the knife from her hand and took a step back, staring at me with her hand up towards her mouth, but not touching it.

She was staring at me with wide eyes, darting from left to right. Her eyes seemed as if they couldn't stay in one place, searching left, right, up and down.

It was hard to tell what she was feeling, like always. I didn't know if she was happy, sad, angry, scared, or confused.

She gulped and to me, it seemed as if she was about to start hyperventilating.

She looked down and away, only looking at my shoes. "Oh my god.. oh my god, I think I'm gonna be sick."

Her hand touched her chest while the other one covered her mouth. She quickly walked out of the room, not saying a word to me.

I watched as she disappeared into a corner, leaving my sight.

What was wrong? Why would you be sick? I thought something like this should be a thrilling moment?

I'm so happy to see you. I would have hugged you if I didn't fear of scaring you off. But I scared you off anyway.

Henry was happy to see me. He started crying, and then he got mad. I had to explain to him that I killed Margaret in self defense.

Though I could have just let it be and let her run away, I wasn't one to have someone act all bold on me and then flee.

Henry was so happy he began rambling on everything that happened while I was gone, but he suddenly stopped himself when he was going to say something new about Willow.

I looked down at the child on the ground. "Sorry. I wanted to see if Baby still works."

-

I looked outside of the glass window of the back door, to see Willow rocking herself back and forth, mumbling something.

I slowly twisted the knob to the door and pulled it towards me, the cold air hitting my face as I walked outside and shut the door behind me.

"It's not real, its not real, it's not real it's not real it's not real." She mumbled between her knees as she rocked.

She grabbed at her hair and continued rocking.

I didn't know what to do. Maybe I should have called instead, or just showed up to work one day and she just so happened to see me.

I didn't want to scare her any more. I know it'll take long for us to go back to the way we were before, but I at least want to get her to talk to me.

"I'm only seeing it, I'm only seeing it, its okay, because I'm only seeing it." She murmured.