twenty four

cw: vomit/puke, blood

Omniscient POV

Both William and Willow had been standing outside of their home, staring across the street in silence. They got up and got ready for work like any other regular day.

And thank goodness William had already turned on his chip before he left the house, because what the two had already been staring at was a cop car across the street, not too far from their home, watching them.

Nobody knows when that car got there. Maybe it had followed them home yesterday. Maybe it got there in the middle of the night. Maybe it just got there. It didn't matter, because they both knew someone was onto them, and they would have to do something about it soon.

William felt sick. He felt like the world around him was spinning, and his breakfast might come out the wrong hole. He felt this strong sensation in his stomach, and his mouth watered.

He slowly set his bag down on the concrete, turned around back to his door, and opened it once more. Willow had looked at him confused as to why he had went back inside. But she followed him in, taking her bag with her.

William's face had turned pale as he ran up the stairs, covering his mouth. Willow immediately without a word, followed him up.

"I'm gonna be fucking-" William slammed the bathroom door open, reaching for the toilet.

Willow rushed beside him and grabbed his hair, pulling it back. He had decided he would let it down today, since nobody would actually see him as him anyway.

He retched and gagged into the toilet, his omelet coming right back up.

But it was not only his breakfast. William's health had been declining over the years, with what they had been force feeding him in jail, to his excessive smoking, and his body not being able to handle constantly losing and gaining massive amounts of weight. His weakened body is losing control over itself the more William stops caring for himself. What William had thrown up along with his omelet, was a little blood.

He doesn't care much about himself anymore. All he does is sleep late hours, eat one meal a day, and take  too many prescriptions all at once, fucking up his stomach. He doesn't care about his appearance anymore either.

Willow had looked at him with worry in her eyes as she watched him puke blood.

He pulled his head out of the toilet, looking into it as he caught his breath. He stared at the blood with no emotion on his face, with no surprise or worry at all. He didn't care.

Willow let go of his hair as he sat back against the bathroom wall. He lazily flushed the toilet.

She stood and grabbed some paper towel, damping it with warm water. Willow kneeled back down to William's level against the wall, wiping the blood away from the corner of his mouth. He looked at her sincerely.

"You need to see a doctor." She said quietly, setting the paper towel aside.

"Fuck a doctor. They'll test my blood or whatever and get my dna, and know it's me." He sighed.

"Throwing up blood isn't normal dear." She looked at him sadly.

He smiled lightly at her. "You were supposed to be a doctor weren't you? Why don't you help me out then instead."

She pouted and put his hair behind his ears. Willow reached for the cabinet under the sink and pulled out a small cup and mouth wash. She poured it halfway and handed it to him.

He took it from her hands gently and poured it in his mouth, rinsing the vomit. He spit the mouthwash into the toilet.

"I never finished medical school. You know I'm not fit enough to know what's wrong with you. You've got to start taking care of yourself or you really might get sick, and then die. We all know this." She spoke softly to him.