Chapter 15: Hideout

"Brown... blue... green... dark brown... gray..." I had my eyes closed as I imagined the colors in Jake eyes, doing anything I could to keep my sanity as I have been tied to this damn chair for what must felt like half a day. I was hungry, thirsty, and worse of all I had to use the bathroom, but it is the sanity I had to keep as best as I could.

I had no idea how long it has been since I was kidnapped. Has someone noticed already? No, that's not possible. I had put the note in the front desk, notifying Lilly that I was going home; there was no way they would notice that I'm gone. Maybe Phil... but I have blocked him, and it wouldn't take long for him to take that as a sign that I don't want to talk to him.

I'm screwed, plain and simple.

My only hope is Jake. He probably already had gotten that video. He will know that I disappeared, but what if he doesn't give a crap? What if he doesn't comply? How in heaven's name am I supposed to get the two million myself. I may be a good artist, but I'm no Picasso.

I started to cry again and cursed myself.

So what if  it turns out that they won't care about me? I can take care of myself!

I didn't want to feed myself any illusion that Jake and group are going on rescue mode like they did with Hannah. They had all the reason in the world to save Hannah, but none to save me.

I inhaled deeply. Okay, I'm all alone, I can do this, you are a strong girl... First thing I need to do is to stay calm and wait for Jake's response, then I can think of a plan of what to do next.

If only anyone can come and let me use the bathroom!

The sound of footsteps made me felt grateful and scary at the same time. Tattoo-man entered, and he didn't look pleased.

"Let me guess, Jake either say screw you or he didn't comply," I said sarcastically.

The man looked at me, visibly upset.

"He indeed didn't comply, which puts a huge wrench in my plan, oh well... guess you have to do the job yourself," he added and then went behind me to free me from my bonds.

"Move!" he said as he pushed me, but my body was numb and aching from being tied for hours, so I fell on my knees.

"I will! I will!" I shouted desperately. My legs trembled, but I forced myself to get on my feet. Then I walked slowly out the door.

I looked around as I was being pushed through an empty and dimly lit hallway. At the end of the hallway, the man opened a door, and I was led in. I was surprised to see the huge warehouse. It was really huge, as big as a factory. I then was led to a shed that was inside the warehouse. The man unlocked the entrance of the shed that was a barred door, and I was pushed inside. The shed had a bed, a toilet, and a sink. I turned around to face him again.

"Tomorrow, you start painting," he retorted.

"And if I don't want to?" I prodded.

He grinned as he locked the bars of the shed. "Then I will just sell you."

I shuddered, and he laughed, finally leaving me alone. I covered my face in despair.

All hope I had to be rescued was finally gone.