Chapter 56: Chance

Alan took off the handcuffs and Phil rubbed his wrist with a smirk on his face.

"Already letting me go so fast officer?" he said with a hint of triumph.

"Not as fast as you hope Hawkins. I only let you go until operation Andromeda is done."

"Operation Andromeda?" Jessy asked.

"Your hacker friend insisted on giving his plan a code name," Alan rolled his eyes.

Hannah and Lilly hugged Jake. "You did it, you made him agree with your plan. How did you do that?" Hannah whispered in excitement.

Jake smiled an enigmatic smile, without answering Hannah's question.

"Operation Andromeda, huh? I guess I know who the Andromeda in this plan is," Lilly elbowed Jake.

Alan puts his handcuffs back into his pants pockets. "Okay listen everyone. Including you Poke."

Poke perked up. He looked way more relaxed than earlier; though he still keeps a distance away from team Hawkins.

"If you cooperate with us, and help infiltrate Jake and Phil into Mike's hideout, I will make sure your involvement with Mike won't be punished. For that I need your absolute full cooperation," Alan said, before looking at Poke with a more serious look.

"If you try to fool me or endanger any of these two lives, I will personally make sure you regret your decision. Maybe you can share a cell with Hawkins over here," he pointed towards Phil with his thumb, who smirked at Poke.

Poke looked at the chief of police before gulping. "Okay."

"Good," Alan continued, seemingly very satisfied. "Now, just because I agree not to call for back or inform the FBI of Mike Warren, doesn't mean I will let you a bunch of kids just do as they please. From now on I take charge as we follow Jake's plan, but we do it my way. If I see the situation getting out of hand, you are all to abandon everything and have only your own safety as your primary focus. If I tell you to run, you run. If I tell you to get back up, you don't argue, you don't question me, and you get back up. Understood?" Alan said the last word with a booming voice.

The group nodded.

"I want to hear it, loud and clear," Alan demanded.

"Yes."

"Understood."

"Okay."

Alan looked at both Phil and Jake. Phil sighed and ran his fingers through his long, black hair. "Yes, chief."

Alan looked at Jake.

"Yes, Alan."

"Okay good. If that's the case, then I want each one of you to go home now."

The group exchanged confused looks.

"What are you all confused about? Go get a shower, grab something to eat, finish your tasks and tie some loose ends before we start the operation tomorrow morning. Make sure all your matters are being taken care of before people start to question where you all are, and my colleagues get bombarded with phone calls. Pack some clothes, and we will meet up in front of the bar tomorrow morning at six."

"Wait you're coming with us the entire time?" Cleo asks, blinking several times.

"Yes, one police has to watch over you wannabe detectives and keep you save," Alan sighed.

"Just go home and use this chance. See you all tomorrow. Whoever comes late will be left behind. Try not to do anything stupid until then," and with a huff, he left the bar without looking back.