6. Mediator

Later that night, once Wei ying was back in the room, Jiang cheng had asked him his views on Lan Wangji, to get a clear idea of what Wei ying had in his heart. 

After Wei ying lied that he sees Lan Wangji only as a role model and nothing else, Jiang Cheng went to bed with a normal expression. 

Obviously Wei ying did not want his brother to get stuck between his friend and sister, like he is now between his soulmate and a motherly figure. 

Starting the next day he changed his routine by politely refusing Xichen, when asked for joining them for breakfast saying he would have it with his friends. And in the evening he pleaded with the volunteering club to give him any other activity other than library work just to avoid his special someone. 

As a result, he was sent to serve outside the campus in the following days. 

Yanli didn't know why Lan zhan liked being in the library so much when his eyes didn't rest at the books even once. It was wandering as if it was looking for something. 

Given no chance to talk, before they started from the library that day, she asked him that what should she tell her parents about them. 

"Acquaintance" was the reply she received after a few minutes of silence. Though she understood the meaning, she didn't know how she should convey it to her parents. When she said the same to her mother with difficulty, Madam Jiang laughed gently, saying no relationship can be built overnight. 

Friday morning, Wei ying received a text from her shijie asking whether he could spend the weekend in their residence and also told him that she has something important to talk about. 

Wei ying also had things to do at Jiang residence hence he immediately agreed. The first thing being, talking to his foster parents about his biological parents and why he was made to roll from place to place every two years. 

Friday evening when the brothers reached home, Yanli pulled them both to her room after dinner as if she is in a dire situation. 

She had friends, but she knew that Lan Wangji is different and can't possibly talk about him when they are not a thing yet. 

"A'xian, how do I make him love me?" She shot out the question and looked expectant. 

"Shijie, are you by chance anxious?? Didn't young master Jiang help you?" 

Though her question churned Wei ying's stomach, he questioned back teasing his brother to make it look normal.

"You know, A'cheng isn't good at things like romance." 

Yanli looked in the direction of Jiang cheng for a moment before whispering in Wei ying's ears, enough for the whole room to hear. 

Both laughed at the sullen Jiang cheng, improving their mood. 

"Hmph..aren't you the one to be blamed for that?" Jiang cheng was not happy. But after he said that, Yanli laughed more, leaving Wei ying confused. 

Jiang cheng looked alarmed when his sister's face showed a glint of mischief. 

"Nooo, you promised not to do that" 

"Not within the family cheng" she got up from the bed, but before she could move, Jiang cheng was already blocking the bedside table for anyone to access. 

He was ahead of her by few metres. 

"I guessed you right" she smirked as she unlocked her phone, showing the pictures marked as favorites to Wei ying. 

Wei ying looked back and forth between Jiang cheng and the phone and laughed hysterically after a few seconds. 

The phone had pictures of Jiang cheng being dressed as a girl next to Yanli in a lot of childhood pictures until age 10. 

Apparently Yanli needed a younger sister but Jiang cheng turned out to be a boy. When Jiang cheng learned this from his mother that Yanli loves sisters more, he started dressing up as a girl to curry favor with his dear sister. Jiang cheng thought Yanli would be showing the photo album, so he blocked her way to the table, but Yanli outsmarted him by showing the pictures in phone. 

Wei ying's laughter ended as a warm smile, looking at the love Jiang cheng has for her sister and the new mischevious version of his sister. He felt glad that the two was able to add him into their circle in such a short span. 

"No one can resist loving you shijie" Wei ying had said his thoughts aloud. 

Jiang cheng agreed and Yanli beamed. 

"How about this? Can we all meet at the coffeeshop by tomorrow evening? Whenever I ask, he would say library. If you, cheng and Xichen ge joins, that won't be a problem right? When I give cue, you guys could leave us two." 

Yanli came up with an idea. In the end Wei ying became a mediator for his soulmate's love. He couldn't do anything against it, as he hated the idea of his shijie getting hurt. And his Lan zhan doesn't remember him anyways. He texted Xichen and Lan zhan inviting them for a coffee tomorrow. 

After showing the new room for Wei ying, Yanli squeezed her brothers into a hug and clicked a selfie to add to her favorites. Wei ying realised that his shijie is reserved when it comes to new people, and a mini version of himself when with his family. 

'Lan zhan used to like my outgoing personality very much. Shijie is almost the same now. He would love her right? Would he?!!' 

Wei ying didn't know whether he is happy or sad anymore. 

At Lan mansion, Xichen witnessed his baby brother going berserk, while trying on all the clothes in the wardrobe, to wear it for next day evening, to meet the Jiang siblings. This was the first time he saw his brother trying to look good than already he is, knowing the fact that he has several types of suits and shirts, all in white, just white. 

As a Lan himself, Xichen didn't know how it would even make any difference. 

After an hour of struggle, Lan zhan chose a suit for himself and handed another one for Xichen. 

Reading the deceiving expression on Lan zhan's face, Xichen couldn't help but compare the clothes, only to find that his baby brother has chosen an eyecatching, youthful shirt for himself and an uncle-like suit for him. 

"Ahh-ah-you?" Xichen gasped unable to believe. 

"Brother can't dress cooler than Wangji tomorrow." Lan zhan pouted making his brother lose the game.