41. In dark there is light

Hui Shen was disturbed by the loud ringtone when he was sleeping comfortably. 

With much irritation he opened his eyes but when he saw his aunt's number on the screen, it puzzled him. He answered the call without any further delay. 

"Shenshen" 

The whimpering voice made him lose his sleep. 

"What happened?" 

Though his aunt was illiterate, she had a tough heart to live with a vile man. Even when his uncle hadn't cared about aunt since the moment he came to know that she cannot produce a heir, his aunt never once showed any pain. She was always grateful for the reason that the man didn't try to find his partner in anyone else. 

From what Hui shen understood, her only sensitive spots were her husband and Hui shen himself.

Her voice sounded like a lamb about to be butchered anytime now. Since he is safe, could it be that his uncle is unwell?

"Shenshen, listen. If uncle calls you, don't return his calls. Go out of the country or stay hidden for a few more years. For whatever the reason is, you shouldn't meet your uncle." She said in one go and before Hui shen insisted she explain, he heard a loud metal 'clang' on a solid surface, followed by his aunt's loud scream. The line went tut tut like Hui shen's mind did. 

He re-dialled her number but the call couldn't be connected. He went through his contacts and called his big uncle with whom he believed her to stay for the time being. 

Since it was late night, the calls rang out several times before a sleepy voice spoke on the other end. 

"Uncle, it's me shenshen. If you don't mind, can you put Aunt Sirong online." 

"Shenshen ah, what time it is now! Is anything wrong?" 

"Ahh no uncle. Can you, please?" 

"She went back earlier today. Don't disturb her now. Call her in the morning." 

Hui shen grabbed his duffle bag and boarded the first train in the morning to the city. 

Wei ying was notified by the lawyer that the share transfer proceedings have to be postponed for a few days respecting his client's mourning period. 

"What mourning period?" Wei ying blinked as he read the mail. 

Lan zhan handed his phone, opening the website of Sanren corp where many people conveyed their condolences to Madam Sirong Sanren. 

"Suffered from brain tumour and lost to the disease last night at 3.am on the way to the hospital." The news said. 

In a while Wei ying received a call from a new number, which he didn't feel like answering after reading through the news, which reminded him of his parents death. He handed the phone to his Lan zhan to answer in his place. 

"It's me Hui shen." 

"Mn?"

Wei ying arched his brows asking who had called him. 

Lan zhan turned the speaker on. 

"Can I meet him? Today, please?" 

"No" Lan zhan replied. He doesn't wanna bring his love near any of the psychopaths. 

"It's about my aunt. You can bring anyone with you." Hui shen pleaded. 

"Where?" Wei ying and Lan zhan replied simultaneously. 

"The ground behind the cemetery. After the burial." 

At Wei ying's insistence, his husband agreed to take him to attend the funeral to pay respects. As usual Xichen and Jiang cheng joined, but stayed inside the car. 

Though there were people throwing stares at Wei ying, he didn't bother giving them any attention, including Cong who stood there with no emotions. 

When it was close to the end, Cong eyed his guards and one by one, several of them left the place, following someone in a distance. 

When Lan zhan looked in the direction, he saw a silhouette similar to Hui shen running away. But why would Hui shen run away? 

Lan zhan took Wei ying out from the cemetery and asked their brothers to go with them to the ground. 

The burial had already ended and after waiting for more than two hours, Hui shen finally showed up. His clothes were completely drenched in his own sweat and his face in his tears. 

He handed them his bag after taking out his own necessities from it. 

"You might need it. And sorry for everything." 

Jiang cheng grabbed the bag from Wei ying and scanned it as if he was sure that he would find either a bomb or other odd stuffs inside it. But all were papers. 

"Sorry to hear about your aunt." Wei ying didn't check the bag nor anything else, but felt like saying this. 

"I am going back to rehab in a few days." Hui shen replied. 

"And my aunt was completely healthy." Hui shen added before waving them a bye. 

'What does he mean by that?'

Wei ying remembered meeting Madam Sirong a week back. The day when they executed their plan to put one of them as bait to Cong and diverted his attention. 

In their attempt to find evidence, they could only find things from an investigator that Cong doesn't trust anyone other than his wife. And his wife treats Hui shen as her own son. So the only way to get their hands on Cong's DNA sample was either through Hui shen or Sirong. 

They also figured out that his aunt visits the rehab center every Saturday with Cong's men. 

It was then Lan zhan invaded Cong's house and accidentally found the vault room. He wasn't trying to open it because he was sure that it wouldn't be an easy task. 

But successfully Cong invested all his men on Lan zhan, completely ignoring every other thing of his life sunk in greed for yin metal. 

Wei ying used this day's time to meet Cong's wife but his mother and angry brother had followed him. Sirong didn't budge when Madam Yu narrated her husband's wrongdoings, but her eyes instantly feared the mention of Hui shen's involvement. She finally agreed to help them after Madam Yu told her about Wei ying's parents. It looked like she was not aware of the person behind the accident until then. 

The same night Sirong opened the vault and found the DNA certificate.  The following day, with the pretext of a fight, she carried it in her luggage when she left home. 

She knew that her husband wouldn't like it if he were to find it. So she left for her brother's home in the countryside and informed Hui shen. Even if his husband gets to know it, he would just stay mad at her for a few days, he wouldn't kill her right. After all she was his wife who turned a blind eye to all his wrongdoings, just to be with him.  

Hui shen used this excuse to escape the rehab place on the same night. 

Back to the present, Cong knelt down next to the newly erected tombstone and his head hung low. 

'Why did you decide to leave me honey? I didn't hesitate when I decided to kill my blood sister, how did you misjudge that I would spare you. So bad I had to disappoint you. Rest In peace.'