22. Preparations

"Wei wuxian? Wei Jian?" 

The personal assistant reads the background verification report. 

"Getting married? Wow. Lucky he is…to escape my hands."

"Give us the order Sir." 

"Don't do anything until he is married. He would be surrounded by people. Keep an eye on him for now. Give me a heads up once the couple go for their honeymoon trip." 

In the Jiang residence, Wei ying was busy going through study materials that he missed, and also the learning modules for the next two weeks. Lan zhan was also doing the same in his room. Qiren had levied two conditions to be met, for the wedding. 

One, the couple should not slack off and must finish the learning materials in advance, in a week's time which is until a day before their wedding. Only on the last day, they could rest. This way they could enjoy one week of honeymoon vacation post their wedding. 

Second, for the honeymoon trip, the couple cannot go alone. Qiren and Xichen would join them but will stay at a different room in the hotel, not disturbing the couple. 

The wedding ring had already been selected on Sunday along with the tux. The wedding party is planned to be kept minimal, inviting very few guests. On next sunday is the wedding, where the couple would register their marriage with the registrar, and at the same evening, the wedding party is set, to introduce the couple to the world and receive blessings from dear ones. As for the party venue, Wei ying agreed to Lan zhan's proposal to keep it in their garden. Wei ying had not seen the garden yet, however he believed that it should be beautiful. 

To cope up with this waiting period, the couple had video calls at night before going to sleep. 

"On our first night…" 

As Wei ying started his usual teasing, he saw his husband's face turn beet red and the video option turning off on the other side. 

"Lan zhan, you can't do that. Don't you want me to see you?" 

Wei ying knew that this is the only topic and the time period, where he could see his husband blushing. 

"Not now." The breath was strained when Lan zhan replied. 

"Please please." 

"Remember you promised you would say yes for whatever I ask." 

Lan zhan reminded Wei ying about it, after he turned on the video per the other's request. His face was still pink but his eyes looked deep into Wei ying's eyes while saying this. 

"Ahhh.. I'm so sleepy..GoodnightLanzhanSeeya." 

Wei ying faked yawning and ended the call, not allowing Lan zhan to reply. He knew why his husband reminded him of that promise. He hasn't forgotten the 'everyday means everyday' rule which they had in the past. He cannot get caught this time again. At least, not so soon. 

They had four more days before the wedding, and Wei ying barely saw his family members. Especially his shijie. Being treated like a princess at home, usually they wouldn't let her do any chores, but this time it was an exception. 

It was double the difficulty in Lan villa. Qiren and Xichen had to finish or delegate the work for the next ten days to make time for vacation. Additionally they should make arrangements for the wedding as well. 

The honeymoon location is an island where the Lans owned a resort. That way they believed that they could keep the couple safe. 

While all these were getting planned, a notorious someone got released from the police station within a week. Records showed that the person was still under police custody, while in reality it was not. 

"Auntie, you took a long time taking me out this time. You know what, I went through a lot inside." 

"Shenshen, if not for your uncle's name, I couldn't have bailed you out. He has strictly told me that you should be under him until he feels you are good. I just told him that it was a minor issue and left out the details. Otherwise I just can't imagine how he would have reacted." 

"Auntie, can't you persuade him?" 

"If not for that, he would have sent you to the countryside to live with your parents already. Listen to uncle's words now. He will change his mind, if you don't give him any trouble." 

Finally the wedding day arrived. In the early morning, it was Jiang cheng who took his turn in paying back by setting alarms starting at 4o'clock. After all, post wedding his brother would be sharing a room with Lan Wangji and not with him. It would have been sufficient if Wei ying woke up by 6 or 7. For the first two alarms, when Wei ying woke up panicked, Jiang cheng enjoyed watching it, for what he went through in the recent months. However, thinking that his brother won't be with him after this, he felt sad. He turned off the alarm, covered Wei ying with the duvet properly and sat next to him, not able to fall asleep. 

At 7, Wei ying woke up to the ringtone of his husband's call, wishing him a happy day. Wei ying got ready with Jiang cheng helping him. Yanli and Madam Yu joined him a moment after Wei ying got out of his room. Yanli's face was pale from lack of sleep and Wei ying assumed that she must be sad due to the bond they share. He hugged the siblings and assured them that they would remain the same through the times. 

When Jiang fengmian opened the gate, a white decorated car was parked right outside, and the prince charming came out of it, with a bright smile. 

Lan zhan had come to fetch his husband to be. Gravity didn't work on Lan zhan's legs as he kept moving back and forth unable to contain his happiness. He came closer to Wei ying's face and controlled himself from smacking his lips to the other pair. 

Wei ying increased the tension between them by reaching out to Lan zhan's hand. Lan zhan grabbed it and placed a kiss on the back of his hands and locked it with his fingers tightly. 

"Shall we?" 

And the journey together began.