32. Second chance

It can't be. 

If I was not killed then, it could have been mine. Mine. 

How dare he use it against me! 

Apparently Wei ying and Lan zhan were not the only ones to get their previous birth memories. There was a third person. 

The person who pushed Wei ying's parents to death in the past as well. 

Cong Sanren hadn't regretted his life's decisions until he came to know the existence of Wei ying, be it in the past or the present. 

He was an affectionate and noble person just like his sister until before he was presented with the infamous yin metal. He felt very fortunate to be chosen as its master. He had all the powers but he chose to use it for good purposes. Being the good man he is, to not attract unwanted attention he maintained a low profile. His sister and brother in law were the only ones to know about the metal he had. 

His powers increased his confidence in him, which day by day turned into arrogance. The evilness was deep rooted in his brain by the time the metal betrayed him suddenly one day. 

The day when the yin metal found itself another master to serve. Initially he didn't find out the cause for the metal's denial towards him. As days passed, he noticed the metal glowing radiantly for no reason every time he visited his sister. And everything made sense once he figured it out. Cangse had conceived a baby. The Master. 

By then his head was already contaminated, so he didn't sit by and watch. He tried to kill his sister sending monsters during their night hunt, however each and every single time he failed. He couldn't bring himself to stab her right through her chest. 

Cangse was paranoid due to the several situations which almost lead to abortion. Thus she looked for a safe place until she delivered her baby, which was Lotus pier. She didn't doubt her family, but she wasn't blind to the fact that something wrong was happening around them. She also didn't trust anyone enough to tell them their new place. 

It took years for Cong to find his sister's family. In those few years the Wei Cangse couple had already grown closer to the Jiang sect leader. So to not make an enemy out of this attack, he took his newly found friend sect leader Hui shen's help to send a core guzzling monster when the couple set out for a long night hunt. It confused him that the metal continued to glow, even after the monster took the lives of three people as per the reports. 

Before he was able to find who exactly the new master was, Hui sect leader had poisoned him, coveting the yin metal. That's when he knew that it had been the plan of Hui shen since the beginning. But Cong Sanren had a sly smile plastered on his face even when he let out his last breath. 

'The master is out there alive you blockheads' Was his last thought.

He knew that Hui shen cannot enjoy the power unless he finds it. To others, it would be just a metal piece. In this case, according to Hui shen he had killed everyone related to the metal, but he was a fool, and in a few years he died as one, leaving the metal piece in a chest as an heirloom. 

For Cong, again in this rebirth, his sister and family became an unwanted hurdle so he had to slay them once again for assets. 

As Cong neared the classroom, many memories flashed before his eyes opening the door to his previous birth. He was excited when he felt a resentful energy source nearby. It was as if he was given a second chance to get his hands on what he missed previously. He clearly didn't expect it to be inside the classroom. He hadn't planned it to be a meeting of attack but he wanted to make sure he had got the right person. Hence he asked Jiang cheng to stay out, to find out who was that one person between the two. 

Remorse and anger seeped within him, when he saw Wei ying. A person who silently reminded him that he was a loser once. 

To confirm whether it was yin metal, he pressed the wounds of Wei ying wantedly. It was not as if he wouldn't have pressed it, if not for yin metal. 

As expected, he noticed the black tides through the corner of his eyes and acted as if he didn't see it. 

But as the ex-master who has had the privilege to use the yin metal as he wished, he was able to distinguish the energy from the rest, even when Wei ying used a combined power of his own core and yin metal. 

'I was a fool back then, not now.'  He left out a wicked grin, as soon as he exited the classroom.

Cong felt a lot better when he reached home. 

Isn't it two goals in one shot? 

Defeating Wei ying would satisfy him with shares as well as power. 

Like adding cherry on the top, Cong had important knowledge of the yin metal. 

That the yin metal chooses the master. And the master can choose to end it, by saying it. 

He was damn sure that Wei ying wouldn't have the knowledge of the second rule even if he knew the first one. 

When the master vessel says out loud that they don't need the yin metal, it would gladly accept their wish. 

Cong, as a real life fox, knew what he must do to make Wei ying think he doesn't need yin metal. 

He will make him think that he doesn't need it anymore. Once he achieves that, he will do whatever it takes to get the metal back to him. 

Meanwhile, Wei ying who was surrounded by both the family members in Lan villa, after contemplating various scenarios inside his head, told what he had decided. 

"Can we visit the Sanren group tomorrow with our attorney?"