Chapter 97: The True Villain

The doors to the Energy Plant opened. Neptune ran up the steps. The Grunts blocking the way finally dispersed. For all the complaints about the local police, they did manage to arrest most of them.

'Pluto! I know you don't have a clue who I am, but... look at me! Look at yourself! I'm your dad's dad! Jahzeel's a liar!'

'I know... I know.'

Pluto held out his hands to Sam to be handcuffed.

'I was a fool. I embarrassed myself and caused great distress. Punish me as you see fit.'

'Frankly, young man... you are the last of our worries. You may well be assigned some community service for opening that wormhole, but Jahzeel is the one who's truly responsible. I know what it's like to be gaslit... and I know the difference between a gaslighter and someone who may well be a criminal, but is recognised as a hero by Zekrom. For now, I only ask you to help us clean up this mess.'

For good measure, Mirabelle bound Jahzeel's limbs with the chains she found in the wreckage left behind by the castle. No-one saw Ghetsis finally freeing himself and slipping away.

'Heather, you'll get your reward. Khalid, you may want to go to the hospital. Your mother was trampled by a Shadow Copperajah.'

'What?!'

He was ashen. He felt guilty for remaining at the tower summit while his mother suffered, but that was exactly what she would have told him to do.

'I will take that Hydreigon, then, N.'

'Of course...'

He rummaged around in his bag, but Hydreigon wasn't there.

'I... I seem to have misplaced him. Please take my friend Archeops instead.'

'Cheers.'

Khalid was too concerned about Tatsuko to realise the implications of N 'misplacing' Hydreigon.

'I'll bring him back.'

'Don't worry. He will find me when he's no longer needed.'

Khalid took off, albeit clumsily, because Archeops wasn't the best flyer in the world.

'Heather!'

Jamie's voice was distorted by his helmet as it was when he was still the Grand Master of Cipher. He pulled it off.

'Are you alright? Not going to lie, Pluto, you'd lost the plot. Most of those Grunts had Shadow Pokémon.'

'I... I know... I understand now... I was stupid...'

No-one else noticed the other GoD stumbling up the steps, but Jamie spun to face him.

'Who are you?'

'How do I switch this damn display off?! I don't care where Celebi is!'

'...Horace?'

Jamie blinked. 'What the fuck are you doing in my uniform? Where did you get it?'

'Bede's place!'

'You stole my spare?! Why?'

'I gotta get Galatea's Pokémon back!'

'Galatea's Pokémon will be in Orre, you absolute pillock! Cipher took them! Not Team Plasma!'

Zelimir and his bandmates were amongst the Trainers trying to disperse and trap the Team Plasma Grunts in the Energy Plant. They followed Lien.

'Galatea's Pokémon...?'

'They got stolen!' Horace replied, 'She was kidnapped! By Kallistrate Mayer! I got her out – well, she kinda got herself out – but her Pokémon are gone!'