Chapter 6: Galuna Island part III

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson/XLR8
Todd Haberkorn as Natsu Dragneel
Cherami Leigh as Lucy Heartfilia
Newton Pittman as Gray Fullbuster
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Erza Scarlet
Tia Ballard as Happy
Dee Bradley Baker as NRG/Terraspin/Diamondhead
Jerry Jewell as Lyon Vastia
Kenny Green as Chief Moka
Heather Walker as Angelica
Trina Nishimura as Sherry Blendy
Anthony Bowling as Yuka Suzuki
Chad Holbrook as Toby Horhorta
Kristin Sutton as Lyra
Terri Doty as Virgo
With Craig Ferguson as Pirate captain
———————————————————————————

Ben groaned as he slowly opened his eyes. As he started to wake up, he let out a deep sigh. He had gone through the nightmares for the first time in several weeks. Ben was bewildered by this. Why had they suddenly popped up again?

'Maybe Lyra's song had something to do with it?' Ben thought, then letting out another sigh. 'Well...I've been through this before. I'll get through it again.'

Suddenly, any tiredness he had or concern for his nightmares quickly dissipated as the cavern began to shake.

"What's going on!?" the teen hero asked, bolting up from the flat rock he had been lying on.

"Is it night yet?" Natsu said, jumping up as well; however, he seemed more concerned with actually doing something than the possibility of being buried alive.

Instead of falling rocks, a violent magic circle appeared on the cavern's ceiling and a purple light flowed downward, covering the frozen form of Deliora.

"It's a beam of light!" Lucy shouted, wide-eyed.

"Shining down from the ceiling," Natsu concluded, equally shocked.

Ben narrowed his eyes at the purple light, and realized, "It looks like the cursed moonlight!"

"What's going on?" Happy fretted. "I'm getting scared here, guys."

"It's shining on Deliora!" Gray exclaimed.

"I don't think that's a coincidence," Natsu stated.

"Let's go!" Gray ordered, waving them towards the exit, "We need to find out where the light's coming from."

"Aye," Happy agreed.

The team ran to the temple and went up a flight of stairs, where they found another magic circle feeding more moonlight onto the floor, which was right above Deliora.

"Why would someone cast a magic circle inside this old temple?" Gray asked, confused.

"I don't know," Ben replied, "but let's check the roof. I'm sure we'll get some answers there."

The team headed up another flight of stairs, which exited on top of the temple. Once there, they found a circle of people, their features concealed by robes and masks. The robed people didn't notice the group as they were focused on chanting some strange words to bring the purple moonlight into a column, which was then being sent via magic circles to bathe the frozen demon below the temple.

 The robed people didn't notice the group as they were focused on chanting some strange words to bring the purple moonlight into a column, which was then being sent via magic circles to bathe the frozen demon below the temple